Thread: Clicking Issue Ubuntu 8.10

Beans

Smile Clicking Issue Ubuntu 8.10

Hello, this is my first post here and i'm glad to be part of this comunity...

Well this is my problem...

I have two accounts in this installation of Ubuntu 8.10 "Hardy" My account is working fine but the another account is having an annoying issue, when i wanna click, for example, on a link in firefox the hand for move appear and i cant do anything, only "TAB" "TAB" and "ENTER". It's not only in Firefox, i can click in System, Places, Aplication and any subplaces like Preferences or Administration, , but if i wanna configure the....keyboard for example, it opens fine but when i wanna click to "close" or do something else the "hand" appears again and the only solution is "TAB" "TAB" "TAB" "TAB" "ENTER"

I put all the "user privileges" on that account but didn't fixed the problem...

PS: Sorry for my english! =)

Thanks in advance!

Regards.

Guido.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Clicking Issue Ubuntu 8.10

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFish View Post
    I have two accounts in this installation of Ubuntu 8.10 "Hardy"
    isn't that supposed to be Intrepid Ibex or is it the 7.10 ? (8.10 means it was released this 2008 10th month)

Any way. Try disabling compiz (visual effects)

System → Preferences → Appearance
    Find the Visual Effects tab and pick the first option "none"

Beans

Re: Clicking Issue Ubuntu 8.10

Quote Originally Posted by Bölvağur View Post
    isn't that supposed to be Intrepid Ibex or is it the 7.10 ? (8.10 means it was released this 2008 10th month)
    Yes, you're right, i said "Hardy" that was my ubuntu 8.04 before updating sorry, im pretty new. =)

And configuring the efects to "None" fixed the problem...but is strange, on MY account i have the effects enabled and i don't have that problem.

=)

Bye