Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: setup all 12 buttons on your mx1000

Beans

Re: HOWTO: setup all 12 buttons on your mx1000

another news!

now, my mouse have everytime event2...but isn't it!!!

if you view, Handlers of mouse contain "kbd"... when it contain kbd not work all button!

i don't know how i can do! please...help me!!!!

thanks very much at all users of this forum!!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by davideciarm View Post
    another news!

now, my mouse have everytime event2...but isn't it!!!

if you view, Handlers of mouse contain "kbd"... when it contain kbd not work all button!

i don't know how i can do! please...help me!!!!

thanks very much at all users of this forum!!!
    I believe the "kbd" problem, the 7 vs 20 button problems, and a few other issues, all actually relate to this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/159824. I've found that when the lmpcm_usb driver is loaded for the mouse, I get 7 buttons, the "kbd" entry, my computer won't standby/hibernate, and various other stability issues. When it chooses to use the usbhid driver, everything works. Therefore, try blacklisting the lmpcm_usb driver (add to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist). If it works for you, please also post to the bug for launchpad, so that this issue gets addressed instead of ignored.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tweedledee View Post
    I believe the "kbd" problem, the 7 vs 20 button problems, and a few other issues, all actually relate to this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/159824. I've found that when the lmpcm_usb driver is loaded for the mouse, I get 7 buttons, the "kbd" entry, my computer won't standby/hibernate, and various other stability issues. When it chooses to use the usbhid driver, everything works. Therefore, try blacklisting the lmpcm_usb driver (add to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist). If it works for you, please also post to the bug for launchpad, so that this issue gets addressed instead of ignored.
    wow!!!!
    greatly!!! i had blacklisted it, and now isn't and header of mouse!
    now it work very very good!!! i think that i don't need to blacklist pcspeaker. why not write an wiki installation manual this step? to blacklist lmpcm_usb!

what is the module lmpcm_usb?
    (and now, what i do in launchpad?)

thanks again!!! greatly!!!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by davideciarm View Post
    wow!!!!
    greatly!!! i had blacklisted it, and now isn't and header of mouse!
    now it work very very good!!! i think that i don't need to blacklist pcspeaker. why not write an wiki installation manual this step? to blacklist lmpcm_usb!

what is the module lmpcm_usb?
    (and now, what i do in launchpad?)

thanks again!!! greatly!!!!
    You probably shouldn't need to blacklist the speaker. Other people have also observed an apparent correlation between which event (2, 3, whatever) the mouse was assigned to and the function, but I believe that's just a side effect of which usb driver was being used.

As for the wiki, I'm reluctant to set up anything there because a) lmpcm_usb should work (it stands for Logitech MediaPlay Cordless Mouse USB (driver)), but I'm not sure why it's having an issue vs usbhid, and b) why this is only an issue in Gutsy (not sure if lmpcm_usb was available in prior versions, or if it just a buggy update, or something else). Indeed, while the problem is more manifest in Gutsy, it's possible the issue has been around longer (in which case probably blacklisting the driver is the solution), but it may be that for different mice or circumstances it's actually helpful - although I'm inclined to think not, based on other problems I have with it.

Finally, if you go to the launchpad link above, create an account in launchpad, and just post to the bug confirming that blacklisting the driver solved your mouse problems, that will hopefully start to get the developers' attention, as the bug has been open since November but no developers have responded.

Beans

Thanks tweedledee!

Blacklisting lmpcm_usb seems to have solved the problem of not recognizing all 20 buttons of my MX1000.

Beans

this is driving me nuts
    Belkin F1DA108T OmniView PRO2 Series 8-Port USB/PS2 KVM with mx1000 attached by ps2 adapter.
    USB connection to towers.

Code:
     cat /proc/bus/input/devices
    I: Bus=0003 Vendor=050d Product=0119 Version=0120
    N: Name="Belkin Components USB-PS2 Adapter "
    P: Phys=usb-0000:00:03.0-1/input1
    S: Sysfs=/class/input/input3
    H: Handlers=mouse0 event3 ts0
    B: EV=7
    B: KEY=1f0000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    B: REL=103

have tried specifying Phys=usb-0000:00:03.0-1/input1 as option in xorg.conf which results in xserver starting to the point you see pointer and then crashes and display's splash screen

Beans

I had to do some extra stuff to get my mouse "working"

Added evdev to /etc/modules

made a new file in /etc/udev/rules.d/ called '19-local.rules' where I added
    Code:
    KERNEL=="event[0-20]*", SYSFS{../name}=="Logitech USB RECEIVER", NAME="input/mx1000"
    after I rebooted I made some slight alterations to my xorg.conf file
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
    	Identifier	"Logitech MX1000"
    	Driver		"evdev"
    	Option		"Device"	"/dev/input/mx1000"
    	Option		"Name"		"Logitech USB RECEIVER"
    #	Option		"HWHEELRelativeAxisButtons"        "7 6"
    	Option		"Buttons"	"20"
    	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
    	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"false"
    EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
    #	Inputdevice     "Configured Mouse"
            Inputdevice     "Logitech MX1000"      "SendCoreEvents"
    EndSection
    now my mouse works, sorta, side tilt on the wheel is dead and the middle thumb button reports and acts as a regular middle button but everything else works okay.
    Last edited by prelude; February 3rd, 2008 at 07:15 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

prelude,

try "SendCoreEvents" instead of "CorePointer"

Beans
    Distro

could you update this for gutsy? i'm always afraid to follow instructions that specifically say they are for a different version, doubly so when there are different instructions for the various versions listed

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Reducer View Post
    could you update this for gutsy? i'm always afraid to follow instructions that specifically say they are for a different version, doubly so when there are different instructions for the various versions listed
    I've been meaning to do that. The instructions are the same as in feisty so you can safely use them. The reason I have not just added "gutsy" is that I have found some extra options you can match against (in 'man evdev') that will help those users that have more than one "Logitech USB Device" and I wanted to force myself to update the page with these. I'll try to do so in the next few days.

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast