Thread: trendnet wireless tew-441pc partial connect

Beans

Unhappy trendnet wireless tew-441pc partial connect

I read somewhere that the trendnet card support was built in to Ubuntu and getting it to work would be no problem. I thought it would be a "plug and play" experience using the system/network admin interface. Not so...

I searched several postings that referred to XP drivers and ndiswrappers, along with various wifi*, *config, if*, etc,... type commands.

I loaded the ndiswrapper stuff from the 7.01 distribution, and the system now seems to see the card. It does not connect to the network, however, and DHCP doesn't get an ip address or gateway or DNS server. I manually configured these, but it still does not work. I can ping my own address, (manually set to 192.168.0.10 - a free address on my local lan) but can't ping the router at 192.168.0.1 or anything else.

Is there a cookbook step by step procedure for getting this wireless card to work? I must be missing something obvious.
    Last edited by ematusza; July 30th, 2008 at 02:11 AM.

Beans

Re: trendnet wireless tew-441pc partial connect

I guess it's just like with windows. After multiple reboots, plugging and unplugging, randomly clicking, etc., it started working. Fascinating, huh?
    I'm curious why I got no replies, save my own!

Beans

Re: trendnet wireless tew-441pc partial connect

question i am having the same problem. How did you solve it? Its still not seeing my PCI Trendnet card.