Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KDE4.1 beta 2 released!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

KDE4.1 beta 2 released!

Thoughts?

I'll download and run this when I get home today, is anyone already running it?

Beans

Re: KDE4.1 beta 2 released!

Awesome! Hopefully packages'll show up on kubuntu.org soonish.

If/when you try it, please report. That is all. Carry on. :>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Im a little confused about if its out for kubuntu or not. kubuntu.org does not have a notice about it, but kde.org says it should be available.

Well, i'll let you know if its there when I get home, if not, I'll play the waiting game.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

For me, some of 4.1 beta 2 is in the repositories, but some packages haven't been updated yet and are held back. I guess this means any time now when the dependencies are all updated we'll have beta 2. Here's hoping.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

well, if I'm right, the updates are not working yet. two packages are complaining...

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/kde-window-manager_4%3a4.0.83-0ubuntu1~hardy1~ppa5_i386.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/kde4/share/doc/kde4/HTML/en/kcontrol/kwindecoration/index.docbook', which is also in package kdebase-runtime-data
    E: /var/cache/apt/archives/kdebase-workspace-data_4%3a4.0.83-0ubuntu1~hardy1~ppa5_all.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/kde4/share/doc/kde4/HTML/en/kcontrol/screensaver/index.docbook', which is also in package kdebase-runtime-data

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I hope this doesn't mean a long wait until I can fix that...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Me too, I'm VERY excited for Beta 2, I use the daily live image (which is slow) but it's quite a bit different from Beta 1. Beta 2 is just amazing. You guys won't be dissapointed, I just hope all the changes that are in the live edition right now make it into Beta 2.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

im really hoping beta2 does it for me. I was pleased with the functionality, but there were some plasma crashes and bugs that made it not suitable for everyday use. Im very excited to start the transition to kde4...I really like what I've seen so far. Im hoping that panel hiding is added in this go around, but it wont kill me if I have to wait a little while longer.

I'm back at home and downloading the updates now. Im also getting the package error, so I guess the packages are in the process of making it to the repositories at the current time?

I'll try again a little later. Keep posting updates so we know when its good to go.

I noticed that kubuntu-kde4-desktop was not one of the updated packages, and that is the meta kde4 package, so Im going to assume not everything is in the repositories yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

MAJOR UPDATE, there is a page on kubuntu.org on the new release!
    not all the packages have been built yet, and I'm going to wait till the servers cool a bit.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by rolandixor View Post
    MAJOR UPDATE, there is a page on kubuntu.org on the new release!
    not all the packages have been built yet, and I'm going to wait till the servers cool a bit.
    I don't see it on Kubuntu.com or Kubuntu.org...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast