Thread: [SOLVED] starcraft battle.net help. wine

Beans

[SOLVED] starcraft battle.net help. wine

i have latest wine install.... and installed fonts.... i have starcraft set to run windowed... when i run it from command line this is what it says...

Code:
    paul@paul-laptop:~$ wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Starcraft/starcraft.exe
    preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 00000000-60000000
    err:dosmem:setup_dos_mem Cannot use first megabyte for DOS address space, please report
    err:dosmem:setup_dos_mem Cannot use first megabyte for DOS address space, please report
    fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x7f22f428,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_desktop_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 8
    it opens up after all and is slow (the mouse doesent keep up) anyone know how to fix that??? i click "multiplayer" "expansion" after i select us east and click ok... it works but the fonts overright on eachother... i can login but it is not right... all the font is overrighted and weird... i cant see my lag or anyone elses.. when i try to join a game it says my latency is to high..
    i am downloading stuff (torrents) but i want to fix the problem of the fonts overlapping and i want battle.net to come in clearly... what do i need to do..
    when i click battle.net this comes into command line
    Code:
    fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsA (0x7a670094,0x7f22f7cc,0x7f22f7e0),stub!
    fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsA RAS support is not implemented! Configure program to use LAN connection/winsock instead!
    fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl unsupported WS_IOCTL cmd (9800000c)
    when i type in my password at the login page and click ok it connects me but i get this error in command line
    Code:
    fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_WaitForVerticalBlank (0x7f01ff70)->(1,(nil)): Stub
    fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsA (0x7fef0094,0x7f22fcc8,0x7f22fcdc),stub!
    fixme:ras:RasEnumConnectionsA RAS support is not implemented! Configure program to use LAN connection/winsock instead!
    PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!! i dont want to go back to windows because i cant play my fav. game!!!

Beans

Re: starcraft battle.net help. wine

acutally joined a game and was playing and interacting with other players... they left in first five seconds because of lag. but was cool non the less (my torrents are slowing it down i think) but after i left game all the font's on broodwar were still messed up and overlapping please somebody help!!!
    thanks

Beans

Re: starcraft battle.net help. wine

about the slowness......this website http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...ersion&iId=149 (scroll down) has a "cure for slowness" which links you here. http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys can someone please explain what to do for this???