Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Conan

Beans

Re: Age of Conan

did you install the game under WINE, or did you copy over an installed on windows version of AoC?

I can't get the updater to work, per the message/error in my above post. How did you get that far in the installation? Inquiry minds want to know.

--Kevin

Beans

I unzipped the download in my laptop then copied it via an external drive to my home folder and installed it with wine. the installer was a little hard to get running but but starting two of it at the same time got it running and then ran perfectly.The game took a long time to install tho, 2+ hours
    I get that message when trying to run simpleconfig.exe, but not wen running the patcher.

The update manager seems to be done (for now) but it's still all black, anyone know a solution to that?

Beans

a solution I had to the black screen (in windows), was to run simpleconfig and move the Video down 2 settings (if it was on 1280x1024, I moved it back to 1024x768) then relaunch the game. It would launch, and after the game was running I would put it back to 1280. Though, this worked in windows, and I can't get that far to try it in linux.

Beans

bump...

has anyone had any luck? I'm stumped and I would hate to install a new drive and windows to play.

--kevin

Beans

I am interested in this as well. Unless my googlefu is weak this is the only thread not over a year old with any information of AoC and wine. Hopefully everyone is as lucky as I was and will find this thread when looking for help.

Beans

hopefully with the pre-release launching this weekend, and the games release next tuesday, we or someone can get it running in wine fairly quickly.

--Kevin

Beans

I'm going to give this a shot again today with my Hardy install and see if I can get anywhere.

Hardy 64 Bit
    Wine 0.9.59
    AMD 5000+ BE (OC to 3.2 GHz)
    4 gigs of DDR800
    ATI HD 3870

Beans

Awesome, let us non EA know how it goes.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dokdoom View Post
    Awesome, let us non EA know how it goes.
    Poor.

But it was only a quick try. I'm hoping I have more time tonite.

Beans

I read on the AoC wine page that things weren't looking good. Only because 3 people have documented it won't install properly. Or should I say they can install and patch but beyond that the game won't load. Once the main release comes hopefully we'll have some good documentation.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast