Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Find Your Posts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Question [SOLVED] Find Your Posts

I am sure yesterday I found a link to click that would show you all the posts you made. Now I can't find it. It seemed it was under "search".
    Teach your children to think for themselves. It's one of the greatest gifts you can give them.
    My Beginner's Ubuntu Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Find Your Posts

Seems itś a bit farther away now. Go to Search, select advanced search and enter your username in the appropriate field. You can save the search if you want to. Just found out because I was looking for the same thing...
    I'm thinking about it

Beans

This feature seems to have gotten lost in the recent forum upgrade.

You can still do a search by user name and put your own name in if you want to access your posts.

Hopefully they'll put it back soon.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quick Links > Your Profile

Somewhere on your profile page, under Statistics, there's a link called Find All Posts by <User>

E.g. on mine it says Find All Posts by Joeb454

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quick Links -> Your Profile -> Statistics -> Find all the post by <user>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Thank you!
    Teach your children to think for themselves. It's one of the greatest gifts you can give them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

No problem, I only know because I've explored the new forum layout for the last 4 hours

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Ok, I am trying to learn as fast as I can. What does RTFM mean? I saw that in a post in a link in one of the persons who helped me.

The thing is, when it comes to Linux and Ubuntu, I DON'T know anything and am just learning. This is day 3. I need to find some really good manual on Linux that I can understand with a list of the commands.

I have links to instructions, but they are complicated and too long for me use right now. I have been reading them and will read them, they are great tools. But, at the same time, I have to be productive and I can't without a list of commands that may be used. Heck. I installed mediawiki and now I don't even know how to access it because there are no files remotely named "wiki". I need to be able to input stuff to the wiki while I am learning Linux, not after.

For some reason, I can't start a new thread that would cover this issue. What would cause me to not be able to start a new thread?

Thank you ladies and gentlemen! If you want to see what I am up to
    http://cindylivengood.blogspot.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by cindylivengood View Post
    Ok, I am trying to learn as fast as I can. What does RTFM mean? I saw that in a post in a link in one of the persons who helped me.

The thing is, when it comes to Linux and Ubuntu, I DON'T know anything and am just learning. This is day 3. I need to find some really good manual on Linux that I can understand with a list of the commands.

I have links to instructions, but they are complicated and too long for me use right now. I have been reading them and will read them, they are great tools. But, at the same time, I have to be productive and I can't without a list of commands that may be used. Heck. I installed mediawiki and now I don't even know how to access it because there are no files remotely named "wiki". I need to be able to input stuff to the wiki while I am learning Linux, not after.

For some reason, I can't start a new thread that would cover this issue. What would cause me to not be able to start a new thread?

Thank you ladies and gentlemen! If you want to see what I am up to
    http://cindylivengood.blogspot.com/
    no helpful person would use rtfm it means read the f manual

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Make sure all the prerequisites for creating the thread are satisfied (title prefix etc.)

And philinux is right, rtfm is usually posted by impatient people. If you have any issues just create a new thread or if you can't, continue posting in this one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast