Thread: firedog is a Sham

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

firedog is a Sham

So my motherinlaws computer stopped working she is in jersy I am in Ma (5hours away). she took her computer to Circut City to firedog to fix. They kept the computer there for 5 days and told her it was broken time for another one and they could not acces the harddrive. It was a nice compter So I asked if I could have it for spare parts. When I got it though I realized that my Wives computer was not as good So i removed her harddrive and added it as a master to my mother in laws computer and for the heck of it I added my mother-in-harddrive as a slave.... It worked right away. and I was able to save all my Motherinlaws info.

Buma's law

If a company makes most of it's money selling new products. Don't take your used stuff there to get fixed.
    Stalker's Law : As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving how much the United States sucks approaches one.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: firedog is a Sham

i HATE circuit city anyway. this firedog crap is just more fuel for that fire.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I'd still trust them over Geek Squad. Geek Squad thinks PCI is a chipset. I asked Firedog people what PCI is, bus or chipset, and the guy was like "bus....why...?" as if it was a somewhat silly question and to think it was a chipset would just be unreasonable.

LinuxChix | Linux User #432169 | Ubuntu User #8495 | IRC: maco @ irc.linuxchix.org or irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by macogw View Post
    I'd still trust them over Geek Squad. Geek Squad thinks PCI is a chipset. I asked Firedog people what PCI is, bus or chipset, and the guy was like "bus....why...?" as if it was a somewhat silly question and to think it was a chipset would just be unreasonable.
    every geek squad employee thinks PCI is a chipset? exaggerate much?