Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beat This

Beans

Re: Beat This

Quote Originally Posted by @trophy View Post
    The worst part is you can be doomed but it'll take your inevitable demise another hour to play out. My strategies seemed to be somewhat ineffective, too. I always put a tazer at the beginning to slow down the advancing hordes, then a green and a blue cannon and some rockets to clean up the leftovers. When I can afford it I do a range up on the group and then life is good until they start coming faster, and then a few slip by and the whole plan goes straight to hell. Even with just four turrets I can't afford to keep everything upgraded... how does this work?

Also, I got the group fully upgraded as far as damage and sitting right next to each other, which is supposed to make them into a combo, but nothing new happened. Do I have to do something interesting to the menu to make the combo happen?
    No, you just group turrets together, and if the first in the list fires first, it will activate the combo. In my Tazer+Rocket Launcher combo, the Tazer's range is not enough for it to hit anything, so that it will always combo with the Rocket Laucher. The best way to experiment is with two blue turrets, because there is no way for that to work incorrectly. In the end (like I said earlier) the only thing that kills them is the Black Hole.
    BTW, all of the turrets in the combo need to have maxed damage.
    http://onslaught.playr.co.uk/about.combos.html

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by init1 View Post
    BTW, all of the turrets in the combo need to have maxed damage.
    http://onslaught.playr.co.uk/about.combos.html

Yeah that was the part I was missing. I didn't know they could be upgraded LOL. I spent the game building thousands and thousands of turrets until the entire playing field was filled with them... works pretty good up until level 50 or so LOL.

Anyways I've since gotten all kinds of combos to work, but I could never get the black hole to fire when I needed it to... it always fired when the enemies aren't anywhere near where they would need to be to be eaten by it, and then it would disappear in about .0002 seconds. It just blinked out of existence, too. No animation. Is that how it's supposed to be, or did I accidentally find a bug?

Beans

darn the highest I can get is 37, what is your stratedgy?
    Windows- The most widely spread piece of malware
    Help with Cancer Research - Team Ubuntu-Folding@home

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by g2g591 View Post
    darn the highest I can get is 37, what is your stratedgy?
    I'll make a tutorial.
    1. Make a red turret
    2. Upgrade the rate twice (when you have enough money)
    3. Upgrade the damage to max
    4. Make a yellow turret near the red turret. Make sure that it is not in range of the path.
    5. Upgrade the yellow turret's damage to max.
    6. The first combo has been made. Upgrade all of the stats on the red turret to max. But do not affect any more of the yellow turrets stats.

This combo is so powerful, that it will kill enemies even before you can see them. This will get you to at least 100, probably farther.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by @trophy View Post
    Yeah that was the part I was missing. I didn't know they could be upgraded LOL. I spent the game building thousands and thousands of turrets until the entire playing field was filled with them... works pretty good up until level 50 or so LOL.

Anyways I've since gotten all kinds of combos to work, but I could never get the black hole to fire when I needed it to... it always fired when the enemies aren't anywhere near where they would need to be to be eaten by it, and then it would disappear in about .0002 seconds. It just blinked out of existence, too. No animation. Is that how it's supposed to be, or did I accidentally find a bug?
    Black Holes are good latter in the game because there are always enemies then. It's not as effective when the enemies are sparse. Try reducing the quality to improve the animation. I keep mine at low most of the time.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Aw crap, I clicked on the link to see what the game was like and a huge amount of time later I lost, time just flew. This game needs a bigger disclaimer lol.

Anyhow, this is what I ended up with, my first try, but it doesn't count really cause its not a default map.
    Kills: 1985
    Wave: 201
    Score:384,286,075

Do the sniper and fusion turrets not do combos together? Mine didn't work, and I spent a ton of money upgrading them.

GG

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I worked my way up to wave 368 today using a lots of red-blue-blue combos.. hrm I'ma go back and try it using the black hole combo you guys were just talking about. Oh and one more question.. do you guys opt for the $12,000 super turrets? are they worth the price?
    "The mind is a place unto itself, and can make a heaven of hell or a hell of heaven" ~Satan, Paradise Lost

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by m0eman View Post
    Aw crap, I clicked on the link to see what the game was like and a huge amount of time later I lost, time just flew. This game needs a bigger disclaimer lol.

Anyhow, this is what I ended up with, my first try, but it doesn't count really cause its not a default map.
    Kills: 1985
    Wave: 201
    Score:384,286,075

Do the sniper and fusion turrets not do combos together? Mine didn't work, and I spent a ton of money upgrading them.

GG
    Nope, they do not combo, nor are they affected by modifier turrets. But the fusion does draw damage and poison from near by green and yellow turrets.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I've been strangely addicted to this game since this thread started. Last night was my best score by far, 419 waves before I became decimated.

In the process this game (the only thing running on my system besides Conky, Compiz and the Firefox window) almost single handedly took my down. My CPU was at 98% for nearly 2 hours straight and temperatures peaked and held at about 160F for about 30 minutes solid.

Once the game was over I had to reboot my machine to get it to work right again...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by psyopper View Post
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I've been strangely addicted to this game since this thread started. Last night was my best score by far, 419 waves before I became decimated.

In the process this game (the only thing running on my system besides Conky, Compiz and the Firefox window) almost single handedly took my down. My CPU was at 98% for nearly 2 hours straight and temperatures peaked and held at about 160F for about 30 minutes solid.

Once the game was over I had to reboot my machine to get it to work right again...
    Yeah, it puts a lot of strain on my computer, too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast