Page 2160 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1160166020602110215021582159216021612162217022102260 ... LastLast
Results 21,591 to 21,600 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

@ boudiccas

To start:
    NOTE: When you edit a conky do a:
    Code:
    killall conky && conky -c /path_to/your_conky &
    in a terminal after saving 'any' change. Something changed since conky v1.8.0 and this is a wide practice now as conky will not necessarily update properly on "saving" the update - especially with some composite managers.

To continue:
    In that case comment out the LUA lines and try what Petro Dawg said here

Take note that using:
    Code:
    own_window_type override
    means none of the "hints" take affect.
    Code:
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    I don't need argb values set with OB and Compton as Petro Dawg said with this:
    Code:
    own_window yes
    own_window_type normal
    own_window_transparent no
    draw_borders no
    own_window_argb_visual yes
    own_window_argb_value 0
    But if I was you I would try it - to cover all options.

Here's some settings I use in one conky... "I" CCCC'd this idea from TeoBigusGeekus, I'm sure others knew it, so you can see text under all circumstances without a shadow background:

Code:
    own_window yes
    own_window_type normal
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    own_window_class Conky
    own_window_title VSIDO Default Conky

## Settings from Teo
    draw_shades yes #### <<<--- yes --- To see it easier on light screens.
    default_shade_color black
    draw_outline yes #### <<<--- yes --- Amplifies text if yes
    default_outline_color black
    The conky using those settings:
    | |

Beans

[QUOTE=Sector11;12488204]@ boudiccas

To start:
    NOTE: When you edit a conky do a:
    Code:
    killall conky && conky -c /path_to/your_conky &
    in a terminal after saving 'any' change. Something changed since conky v1.8.0 and this is a wide practice now as conky will not necessarily update properly on "saving" the update - especially with some composite managers.

Ah, brilliant then, thanks. I'll write a short script and then call it from an alias, makes it very simple and just works.

To continue:
    In that case comment out the LUA lines and try what Petro Dawg said here

Already done, committed and working

Take note that using:
    Code:
    own_window_type override
    means none of the "hints" take affect.
    Code:
    I don't need argb values set with OB and Compton as Petro Dawg said with this:
    Code:
    own_window yes
    own_window_type normal
    own_window_transparent no
    draw_borders no
    own_window_argb_visual yes
    own_window_argb_value 0
    But if I was you I would try it - to cover all options.

Done!

Here's some settings I use in one conky... "I" CCCC'd this idea from TeoBigusGeekus, I'm sure others knew it, so you can see text under all circumstances without a shadow background:

Code:
    own_window yes
    own_window_type normal
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    own_window_class Conky
    own_window_title VSIDO Default Conky

## Settings from Teo
    draw_shades yes #### <<<--- yes --- To see it easier on light screens.
    default_shade_color black
    draw_outline yes #### <<<--- yes --- Amplifies text if yes
    default_outline_color black
    I'm not sure if this is actually doing anything as I'm using white text against a backdrop of a lake and trees.

Here is my stop/start script for stopping and then with another keypress starting conky.
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    # click to start, click to stop

if pidof conky | grep [0-9] > /dev/null
    then
    exec pkill conky
    else

sleep 60  # sleep not required for xfce on startup - 30 or more for others
    conky -c ~/.conkyrc &
    #conky -c ~/.conkyrc2 &
    #conky -c ~/.conkyrc3 &

exit
    fi
    Do you think that this is adequate to get round this, and save me from scripting it, "killall conky && conky -c /path_to/your_conky &"

Once I've got the main conky running nicely then I'll deal with the weather script.

Thanks
    Sharon.

Beans
    Hidden!

@ boudiccas

That was just for when you have your text editor open and your are working on the conky.

What I do is put a line like these examples at the top of each conky:
    Code:
    # killall conky && conky &
    # killall conky && conky -c ~/.conkyrc2 &
    # killall conky && conky -c /media/5/Conky/S11_email.conky &
    # killall conky && conky -c /media/5/Conky/S11_Rem_Cal.conky &
    But that's me, it's not necessary, the first one works with ~/.conkyrc

Then to script it I use a modified version of Start Stop Conky or an alternative Start Stop Conky II by SuNjACk

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Can something like this (http://conky.wikia.com/wiki/Battery_threshold_%28Lua%29) be used to create a system beep, or play a sound file when a new email message arrives (when conkyEmail count is greater than 0 or changes)?

I like having email indicator on my desktop, but when covered by a window, it is useless.

I'm absolutely new to LUA so it'll be a while before I can come up with anything; if something already exists out there to do this, please point me to it.

Thanks.

Update

I think I found something here (http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtop...59389%23p59389) I can use. Might even be able to do it without LUA script.

Update Again

Got it to work using the following code...
    Code:
    ${if_match ${execi 120 conkyEmail "personal mail settings"} > 0}${execi 900 play ~/mail.wav}
    Which should play the mail.wav every 15 minutes if I have an unread message.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; February 2nd, 2013 at 10:15 PM.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Beans

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Also got my weather alert Conky to play a short "red alert" .wav every 15 minutes if there is an alert message.

Code:
    ${alignc}${execi 300 conkyForecastWU -d AT}${if_match "${execi 300 conkyForecastWU -d AT}" != ""}${execi 900 play ~/Documents/ConkyScript/tos-redalert.wav}${endif}

Beans
    Hidden!

@ Petro Dawg

I just got back, saw your quest and was going to post a solution ... I will anyway since mine goes one step farther:

Code:
    ${if_match ${execi 90 conkyEmail --servername=someplace.com --servertype=POP --port=110 --username=username --password=drowssap_NOT} > 0}\
    ${exec /path_to/you-have-mail.wav}${else}${exec /path_to/no-mail-yet.wav}${endif}
    Now every 90 second you will have a "you have mail" or "there is no mail" sound.

And I found this that might interest you: Clay's Mail Call Wav Page
    Last edited by Sector11; February 2nd, 2013 at 11:24 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    @ Petro Dawg

I just got back, saw your quest and was going to post a solution ... I will anyway since mine goes one step farther:

Code:
    ${if_match ${execi 90 conkyEmail --servername=someplace.com --servertype=POP --port=110 --username=username --password=drowssap_NOT} > 0}\
    ${exec /path_to/you-have-mail.wav}${else}${exec /path_to/no-mail-yet.wav}${endif}
    Now every 90 second you will have a "you have mail" or "there is no mail" sound.

And I found this that might interest you: Clay's Mail Call Wav Page
    Wow, every 90 seconds whether you have mail or not, I would think that would be incredibly... ummm... annoying

The site you posted is interesting, the "Worf: Captain, incoming message." is pretty good.

I've settled with Star Trek (TOS) sounds at the moment from here (http://www.mediacollege.com/download...star-trek/tos/). The "Intercom" sound makes a good email signal, and the "Red alert" for my weather alert.

Also, don't you need to have "play /filepath/email.wav" after your "exec", or does it automatically play on your system with out the play command? The sounds do not seem to work on my system without calling play (which took me a little while to figure out).
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; February 2nd, 2013 at 11:49 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    Wow, every 90 seconds whether you have mail or not, I would think that would be incredibly... ummm... annoying

The site you posted is interesting, the "Worf: Captain, incoming message." is pretty good.

I've settled with Star Trek (TOS) sounds at the moment from here (http://www.mediacollege.com/download...star-trek/tos/). The "Intercom" sound makes a good email signal, and the "Red alert" for my weather alert.

Also, don't you need to have "play /filepath/email.wav" after your "exec", or does it automatically play on your system with out the play command? The sounds do not seem to work on my system without calling play (which took me a little while to figure out).
    Well, I saw the email - and typed that up in medit quick like.

'play' doesn't work, I don't have sox installed. But then I don't use sounds, they are turned off where ever I can turn them off. I only have a cheapy set of USB speakers and headphones (for movies).

I can usually see my email conky. When I can't and I want to see if I have mail I roll my mouse wheel on my tint2 bar or click on another desktop, and take a look. It's the one conky I have on all desktops.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

hey guys, lots of beautiful setups in here.

I have installed ubuntu 12.04LTS and found this while looking for a way to monitor CPU and GPU temps that I could integrate with the GUI. I dont need a calendar or weather or any of that stuff, i just want CPU and GPU temps, maybe a couple of other things, but if possible, I would like to have it in the bar on top of ubuntu. Is this possible?

I think I will keep researching this program and look for a way to have the CPU and GPU temps displayed in the corner permanently until i find out.

Page 2160 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1160166020602110215021582159216021612162217022102260 ... LastLast