Page 1379 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 379879127913291369137713781379138013811389142914791879 ... LastLast
Results 13,781 to 13,790 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by VastOne View Post
    The only thing i could offer on VLC is to look at the dbus commands and perhaps extract those. This site might be of help.

Hello, I updated the script, so now it can display informations and covers for vlc and guayadeque.
    For guayadeque, I use the conkyGuadayeque script from K.
    For vlc, I use the http interface (see README ), I tried the DBUS in python but I don' t have kaivalagi skills to do that (a conkyVlc is not on your planning ?)
    For the cover in vlc, it works only with covers downloaded from internet (not embedded covers or covers in directories yet).

the updated script is here : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...44#post9790544

Give me feedback if you try it

Edit : capture with others parameters :
    Last edited by wlourf; September 5th, 2010 at 05:25 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I've been trying to become accustomed to the new features in conky 1.8.0, and I've got most of the new features worked out. I've been looking at the weather variables that are now built into conky. The one variable that puzzling me so far is the weather icon. I can't find any documentation about it other than what is briefly mentioned on the conky website. According to http://conky.sourceforge.net/variables.html:

Code:
    ${weather http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/ locID icon}
    is the correct syntax for showing the weather icon. If I add this to my .conkyrc file I get a number displayed. I assume that this is the number of the .png file that should be displayed from my weather.com icons folder which I obtained from their sdk kit when I registered. How do I connect the output of ${weather http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/ locID icon} to my icons directory ~/icons, so that the correct image is displayed instead of a number? I'm hoping to get weather information displayed only using conky v1.8.0 supported features and no other scripts. Is this possible? All of the other supported weather features in conky 1.8.0 work as expected.

Apologies if this has been asked many times before - I've looked at the conky wikipedia and it isn't clear, and I've searched these forums but I guess that the search terms that I've tried aren't specific enough.
    Last edited by Budoc; September 5th, 2010 at 06:27 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wlourf View Post
    Hello, I updated the script, so now it can display informations and covers for vlc and guayadeque.
    For guayadeque, I use the conkyGuadayeque script from K.
    For vlc, I use the http interface (see README ), I tried the DBUS in python but I don' t have kaivalagi skills to do that (a conkyVlc is not on your planning ?)
    For the cover in vlc, it works only with covers downloaded from internet (not embedded covers or covers in directories yet).

the updated script is here : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...44#post9790544

Give me feedback if you try it

Edit : capture with others parameters :
    Wlourf

Excellent! - Got G-Que working with some minor adjustments

In your conkyrc it has this -

Code:
    #at least one line (empty or not) after TEXT
    #

TEXT
    this line for displaying cover
    set-up in getcover_sphere.sh
    ${execi 3 ~/conky/conky-music/cover/getcover_sphere.sh}${image ~/conky/conky-music/cover/cover_sphere.png -p 150,150}
    but needs to be this -

Code:
    #

TEXT

#this line for displaying cover
    #set-up in getcover_sphere.sh
    ${execi 3 ~/conky/conky-music/cover/getcover_sphere.sh}${image ~/conky/conky-music/cover/cover_sphere.png -p 150,150}
    Attached is mine with G-Que

I want to thank you for the time and effort put into this. I have never used Lua before and now this is a launchpad to other doors and planes and avenues..

+ Onion Sea Salt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Wlourf

Excellent! - Got G-Que working with some minor adjustments

In your conkyrc it has this -

Code:
    #

TEXT
    this line for displaying cover
    set-up in getcover_sphere.sh
    but needs to be this -

Code:
    #

TEXT

#this line for displaying cover
    #set-up in getcover_sphere.sh
    Attached is mine with G-Que

I want to thank you for the time and effort put into this. I have never used Lua before and now this is a launchpad to other doors and planes and avenues..

+ Onion Sea Salt
    You're wlecome, Lua is not so complicated ! Now you can to tweak with colors to adjust the conky to your own setup !

Edit : wow 8Go of RAM !!!

Beans
    Hidden!

Edit : wow 8Go of RAM !!!
    Yeah, that's what I thought! Makes me feel like a upgrade but to be fair I've had 4GB of slooooow ddr2 for the last 4 years and still going strong...got to love Linux for the longevity of hardware!
    Last edited by kaivalagi; September 5th, 2010 at 06:27 PM.

Beans

Wlourf

I moved the positioning around to make it centered ... Corny, but hey I like it...

But the covers are not updating, where G-Que is picking them up and the 2nd G-Que conky sees the changes, this one stays the same.. The second G-Que uses the the same get cover py from K
    Last edited by VastOne; September 5th, 2010 at 06:40 PM.

Beans

Wlourf

I moved the positioning around to make it centered ... Corny, but hey I like it...

But the covers are not updating, where G-Que is picking them up and the 2nd G-Que conky sees the changes, this one stays the same.. The second G-Que uses the the same get cover py from K
    This is wonderful indeed.

(not the postition- I would have placed it under the G-script in the right side. )

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
    This is wonderful indeed.

(not the postition- I would have placed it under the G-script in the right side. )
    You mean like this with an added tweak?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Wlourf

sorry, this is my mistake !
    In getcover_sphere.sh , the script check if the cover image has changed with this line :
    Code:
    hash=$(echo "$cover" | md5sum | cut -d" " -f 1) #Generate hash for current song.
    I think the script calculate the md5sum only with the filename, and not with the file (if you read me larryni). With conkyGuayadeque script, the name of the picture is always the same, so the script can't see when cover change.
    So, you have to change the above line by theses ones :
    Code:
    if [ "$player" == "guayadeque" ] ; then
        hash=$(md5sum "$cover")
    else
        hash=$(echo "$cover" | md5sum | cut -d" " -f 1) #Generate hash for current song.
    fi
    Thinking a lit bit more, md5sum is quite heavy ... I can track the change on the date of the file (with ls -l) , this solution should be lighter :
    Code:
        hash=$(ls -l /tmp/guayadeque-coverart.jpg )
    else
    fi
    What do you think ?
    (And yes the ring in the middle of the screen is not very nice !)

Beans

sorry, this is my mistake !
    In getcover_sphere.sh , the script check if the cover image has changed with this line :
    Code:
    I think the script calculate the md5sum only with the filename, and not with the file (if you read me larryni). With conkyGuayadeque script, the name of the picture is always the same, so the script can't see when cover change.
    So, you have to change the above line by theses ones :
    Code:
        hash=$(md5sum "$cover")
    else
    fi
    Thinking a lit bit more, md5sum is quite heavy ... I can track the change on the date of the file (with ls -l) , this solution should be lighter :
    Code:
        hash=$(ls -l /tmp/guayadeque-coverart.jpg )
    else
    fi
    What do you think ?
    (And yes the ring in the middle of the screen is not very nice !)
    lol

OK, so the lighter code looks good. Do I just replace that first line with lighter code lines in the same spot and leave the rest intact?

Thanks

Edit -

I did replace the original line with the entire light code and it works perfectly.

Thanks
    Last edited by VastOne; September 5th, 2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Resolve

Page 1379 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 379879127913291369137713781379138013811389142914791879 ... LastLast