Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your first mouse?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Your first mouse?

Was looking at the first russian mice via digg and it reminded me of my old amiga 500 one.

This is the first mouse I ever used:

What did yours look like?

Link to russian ones: http://englishrussia.com/?p=270#more-270

I guess some of you won't be old enough to remember what mice used to look like!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Your first mouse?

I jumped from no mouse PC to logitech 3 button mouse. Don't have a photo though.
    May the FOSS be with you!

Beans

my 1st mouse big ears sharp teeth red eyes and a long tail

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

My first mouse was the Microsoft Mouse 2.0 which was connecting through the serial port.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by kostkon View Post
    My first mouse was the Microsoft Mouse 2.0 which was connecting through the serial port.
    yeah, that's mine, too.

Beans

sorry for being flippent it was a amiga mouse cant even remember what it looked like my 1st pc was a amiga 1200 and if I remember rightly I had to buy the mouse as an extra for about £15

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

My first mouse was one of the old school logitech trackballs, it was shaped like a hand giving the ok symbol. People were always so amazed that my mouse had three buttons and you didn't move it around the desk.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

My first mouse was a fairly generic thing. Two buttons, a wire, and a mouse ball.

One mouse I can remember quite well is a Logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical. Quite a nice thing, but it required 2 AA batteries and didn't work under Windows XP.

After that I had a quite decent Microsoft Mouse that I eventually broke in a fit of rage (bent the left mouse button far enough up that it was unusable). After a while trying various different ones that didn't quite work, I got my current mouse.

The Logitech MX1000:

It's a pretty neat thing. A little heavy, and it doesn't work completely under Linux, but it's certainly something I can live with. Though I will admit that the Logitech G7 certainly looks tempting...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody View Post
    It's a pretty neat thing. A little heavy, and it doesn't work completely under Linux, but it's certainly something I can live with. Though I will admit that the Logitech G7 certainly looks tempting...
    It's very nice. Having two seperate, removable batteries that charge in the reciever means the mouse never has down time. However, it also doesn't work completely in Linux, meaning that it has all basic mouse features, but the extra buttons don't do anything.

I'm sure they could be made to do things, but I haven't bothered trying just yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by grte View Post
    It's very nice. Having two seperate, removable batteries that charge in the reciever means the mouse never has down time. However, it also doesn't work completely in Linux, meaning that it has all basic mouse features, but the extra buttons don't do anything.

I'm sure they could be made to do things, but I haven't bothered trying just yet.
    Well it's pretty much the same with the MX1000. Tilting the wheel to the side does nothing, the 'Cruise Control' rocker works under Firefox but has rather strange effects under Konqeuror (other apps not tested), the forward thumb control does various different things depending on what you do with it, and the rest of the thumb controls also do nothing.

Nonetheless, it does work quite reasonably as a normal mouse, and that's usually good enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast