Thread: Missing libgnutls30 when updating noble and crash

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Exclamation Missing libgnutls30 when updating noble and crash

I tried to update my 24.04 kubuntu and crashed. I can reach a login screen but kubuntu-desktop is gone. My target is to recover the kubuntu-desktop and try to avoid complete reinstall of kubuntu. On recovery mode I tried to recover the desktop by 'apt update' and 'apt --fix-broken install' but there is an error message about missing libgnutls30. That missing package make http and other internet access fails. I try to download libgnutls30 at noble repos but none of them is available:

https://packages.ubuntu.com/noble/am...tls30/download

Please verify whether the missing package is normal or not.

Update: I realize some source is good for unload, for example from fr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu. But I believe I did tried the france archive before I write this thread.
    Last edited by csmth; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:33 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Missing libgnutls30 when updating noble and crash

<<This thread should be moved to the "Ubuntu Development Version" Section.>>

^^^ REASON: Noble is still beta = not due for release for 2-3 weeks. The repo freeze is in about a week. We need to see these problems and have them reported so they can get fixed before the release...

Please report this a bug report at "LaunchPad.Net" . That is the fastest way to get this fixed in the code before the release.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I don't see that package in the Noble Repo for amd64. I see it for other arches, but not for amd64.

What is the exact error you are getting?

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Thread moved to Ubuntu Development version where all discussion of 24.04 takes place.