Thread: Publishing

Beans

Publishing

Where i can showcase my developed ubuntu software?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Publishing

Is this a trick question? github? Make a snap package that gets publish in the Ubuntu Software Center (yuck). Just know that many discerning users won't load any snap packages and some other Linux distros are hostile towards snaps. For smaller projects, create a Landscape account and setup a PPA there for people to get your software in a good way. PPAs --- well, if you are a developer, you already know about PPAs.

The normal way to get software into Ubuntu is to start by making it for Debian and get the debian team to include it in their distro. If it is really useful, that shouldn't be too hard. After debian includes/accepts it, then you can ask for Canonical to include it in their Universe Repo.

It also needs to be said that nobody here works for Canonical, so if you seek to speak with those people, I'd say to use IRC or their Discord service - better luck in those locations.
    Last edited by TheFu; December 6th, 2023 at 04:12 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ellie23 View Post
    Where i can showcase my developed ubuntu software?
    A few details would be nice.

What is the software and what does it do, what language was used to compile it, is it cross-platform etc. etc. etc.

Thanks.

Beans

There is no single point of advertisement of software for linux, just like there are none for windows or mac.
    Make and Appimage or Flatpak out of your program, and make it available on the net. Tell about it to those, who might be interested