Thread: How to investigate internet connection in Ubuntu 22.04?

Beans

How to investigate internet connection in Ubuntu 22.04?

Hi everyone

In the past few days the internet connection in my laptop (dell vostro 3550/ubuntu 22.04) became pretty slow, while in my phone (android) has been normal.

I watch tcptrack and speed keep between 0 and 50KB/s.

But, if i restart network with "systemctl restart NetworkManager.service", the velocity goes up to 1MB/s for a while after being drop again.

And this is the return of one general speed test on the internet about a few minutes ago:

Does anyone knows how to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How to investigate internet connection in Ubuntu 22.04?

Quote Originally Posted by marrocs View Post
    Hi everyone

In the past few days the internet connection in my laptop (dell vostro 3550/ubuntu 22.04) became pretty slow, while in my phone (android) has been normal.

I watch tcptrack and speed keep between 0 and 50KB/s.

But, if i restart network with "systemctl restart NetworkManager.service", the velocity goes up to 1MB/s for a while after being drop again.

And this is the return of one general speed test on the internet about a few minutes ago:

Does anyone knows how to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks
    For me, I experience very slow internet due to the ISP that I used. Actually, I have 3 ISP that I used. Two of them uses LTE (for travel purposes) and the one is a fiber cable connection. In my two LTE connections, I rarely encounter very slow internet but it will return to normal speed which I can perform my online job normally. In my fiber cable connections, I also sometimes encounter slow internet speed maybe because of maintenance activities of the ISP. When I encounter very slow internet I just check it via "speedtest-cli". Regards and cheers
    corn ubuntuforums community.
    Open Source platform where the real world of human is here. Click here for Solve thread