Hi, there, everyone! I have a couple of malfunctions that I could use some help resolving, if you don't mind.

First off, I have PulseAudio installed and working just fine, in and of itself. I even fine tuned the quality of the output. But, I also have pulseeffects installed and am getting very frustrating with that part of Pulse.

I make all these changes in pulseeffects and nothing ever happens. I turn the audio output up and the audio output stays at the same volume. I turn the audio input up and still nothing happens. I turn the bass all the way up through pulseeffects and still nothing happens. When I first installed pulseeffects, all the little meters in the plugins would dance all over the place telling me what was going on with the individual plugin. Now those don't work, mysteriously. The only meter that does anything is at the very top of GUI.

Does anyone know why pulseeffects worked fine for a while and then just up and stopped functioning properly? I've even tried deleting all my .config stuff for pulseaudio and pulseeffects and came back to the same outcome.