Thread: Internal Surface Laptop Keyboard NOT working for LUKS login

Beans

Internal Surface Laptop Keyboard NOT working for LUKS login

I recently replaced Windows OS on my Surface Laptop 3 with Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. I used LUKS encryption when performing the installation.
    When I start up my Laptop the internal keyboard doesn't work for the LUKS password input screen. I have to connect an external keyboard to enter the password. The internal keyboard then works fine for all other uses.

I found a thread in archlinux(dot)org where someone had a similar problem albeit with a different type of Laptop. The solution they came to was to modify /etc/mkinitcpio.conf to include the missing keyboard related modules.

I have attempted to edit /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf to include surface specific modules I gleamed from the output of lsmod. This is what I have attempted thus far:
    Code:
    MODULES="usbhid hid_multitouch hid_generic surface_hid_core surface_hid surface_acpi_notify surface_battery surface_charger surface_platform_profile surface_aggregator_registry ipmi_devintf"
    I also added systemd to a new line in the initramfs.conf file specifying HOOKS as the archlinux thread also suggested:
    Code:
    HOOKS="systemd base udev autodetect modconf keymap keyboard block encrypt lvm2 resume filesystems fsck"
    But this hasn't resolved it. Assuming I'm on the right path I may be missing some more modules. Any help from the more experienced forum members would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

__________________________________________________ ________

Found the solutions here:
    https://github.com/linux-surface/linux-surface
    https://github.com/linux-surface/lin...isk-Encryption
    Last edited by anise-c; July 21st, 2022 at 09:02 PM.