Thread: Windows recovery mode every second reboot?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Windows recovery mode every second reboot?

So I'm back to Ubuntu again (a couple of years) after quite a Windows-hiatus due to my old rigs Samsung 960 pro SSD not wanting to play ball.
    I installed 19.10 with the "Erase everything"-option on my primary nvme (where Windows used to reside), everything went well.
    Now though, every time I reboot from a working session the pc starts up windows recovery mode, I then pick "boot with other device", choose "ubuntu", pc restarts, and I get to the Grub-menu where I can choose to boot into Ubuntu. It does this _every_ time I've been booted into Ubuntu on a prior run.

Is it some Grub-related thing I can change/delete? It's not a show-stopper, just immensely annoying.
    "Act only according to that maxim by which you can also will that it would become a universal law." - Immanuel Kant
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Windows recovery mode every second reboot?

It looks like you have a UEFI system that still has an entry for the Windows previously installed.

Please open the firmware settings, Boot menu, and change the first bootloader to Ubuntu. The remaining and now useless Windows entry can be dealt with after assuring the Ubuntu is booting as it should be.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Great, that was it thank you. Thought that entry had been fried with the fresh Ubuntu-install and that it was some weird grub-behavior picking up on some windows-leftovers.
    "Act only according to that maxim by which you can also will that it would become a universal law." - Immanuel Kant
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The installer usually don't delete old .efi files in the ESP.