Thread: Problems migrating an openldap installation to a new server

Beans

Problems migrating an openldap installation to a new server

I have a working openldap configuration on an older server which I'd like to migrate to a new one. I've followed the directions at http://serverfault.com/questions/730...-other-machine (second answer). On the old machine I've run the following commands:

Code:
    /etc/init.d/slapd stop
    slapcat -n 0 -l mitra_slapd_config.ldif
    slapcat -n 1 -l mitra_slapd_data.ldif
    After moving these to the new server, I ran the commands:

Code:
    /etc/init.d/slapd stop
    slapadd -n 0 -F /etc/ldap/slapd.d -l mitra_slapd_config.ldif
    slapadd -n 1 -l mitra_slapd_data.ldif
    The config import appears to run successfully, but the response to the data import command is:

Code:
    580faff8 => hdb_tool_entry_put: id2entry_add failed: BDB0067 DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair already exists (-30994)
    580faff8 => hdb_tool_entry_put: txn_aborted! BDB0067 DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair already exists (-30994)
    slapadd: could not add entry dn="dc=fmp,dc=com" (line=1): txn_aborted! BDB0067 DB_KEYEXIST: Key/data pair already exists (-30994)
    _                       0.08% eta   none elapsed            none spd   1.1 M/s
    This error is effectively a show-stopper and after changing config and database ownership and permissions and restarting slapd I'm unable access the database with a query.

What do I need to do/edit to correct this?
    Last edited by fmouse; October 25th, 2016 at 09:24 PM.

Beans

[SOLVED] Problems migrating an openldap installation to a new server

Editing the data LDIF, removing the 1st couple of entries, seems to have solved the problem.