Hello there,

Even though I've tried many different distros in the past, I'm still an rookie in this world, and I ran into some problems with my "new" lap top (Lenovo S210 Touch, curently running Windows 8.1).

The plan was installing (flash drive) Xubuntu or Lubuntu alongside Windows. But I had both keyboard and touchpad trouble. They just don't work. Now the wireless usb set works, but of course I don't always have the set with me. Also the touch screen works in some.
I tried live CD sessions in Xubuntu 12.04, 14.04, 16.04 and Lubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 (I'm limited by my 1GB drive, so I couldn't try all others). Some fn buttons like brightness settings work in them, but other than that the KB and TP just don't. The keyboard only works in one of them (Xubuntu 12.04), which is the biggest mystery... I tried to install the Xubuntu 12.04, but it failed to install the gnu grub and the install failed. Other installs that I tried just ignored the windows meaning there was no choice "install Xubuntu/Lubuntu alongside windows 8.1". This option was there only with Xubuntu 12.04. So it's not just hardware trouble in the end. So sorry if I'm totally confused about everything..

Just by the way, I have another problem wich is actually about other linux distros. None of them shows up at the boot screen at all, and I tried to use both universal usb installer and rufus. Those were Slitaz, Tiny Core, both Puppies, Point Linux, Arch Linux, Absolute Linux.. but I don't care about these that much, I just wanted to try..

As I said, I'm still new to this, so please be as specific as you can with any commands and so on that I could try to fix my problems.
I appreciate all your help, thank you very much.