Although Intel True Key is not yet supported for linux OS, the support communities on the Intel True Key website suggest that many users have had success getting True Key to run as an extension using the Chrome browser in Ubuntu 14.04 (as well as other versions).

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (64 bit) and have Chrome browser version 48.0.2564.97 (64 bit). The True Key crx file extension is version 2.6.1909, the latest version; I installed it via the Chrome App Store within the browser. It installed and started as it should.

When I try to login to my pre-existing True Key profile using my email and master password, the decryption process briefly starts, but then a window appears stating: "You've asked to verify your log in using a 2nd Device. Select which device you would like to use:". This is a safe guard to verify starting usage on a new device. The window gives me the option of using my iPhone, my iPad, or verification via email (I already use True Key on the iPhone and IPad). I tried all three options and none worked. Each time I tried, the extension app would send a notification to the 2nd device. The 2nd device (or email) would successfully receive the notification and would allow me to grant access. A verification message even displays on the 2nd device, but when I return to the Chrome extension app it briefly begins to decrypt the data for a few seconds and then a message: "that did not work" appears.

I got no satisfaction from the Intel support people. They transferred me around to 4 different people total and ultimately just told me that linux / Ubuntu is not supported yet.

The problem seems to be with completing this 2nd device verification process in order to login for the first time. The extension software otherwise seems to run as it should. Any ideas?