Thread: How to add application to panel in 15.04

Beans

How to add application to panel in 15.04

How do I add an application to the bottom panel in Kubuntu 15.04?

In 14.10 and earlier versions of Kubuntu, I could right click on an application in the menu, and this gave an option to add that app to the panel. But this isn't there in 15.04. It is really convenient to have commonly used apps (terminal, file manager, web browser, etc) on the bottom panel, so they are only one click away.

TIA

Beans

Post Re: How to add application to panel in 15.04

- Drag&drop from the KDE Menu - at here the tricky part is to find an empty space.
    - Start an application and right click the task manager icon - pick the 'Show The Launcher When Not Running'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How to add application to panel in 15.04

The right-click on a menu item works for me in 15.04. Right-clicking on an item shown as a Favorite does not.

If you drag an icon into the panel, a gray rectangle appears to indicate where you can place the icon. Icons, of course, can be moved once they're in the panel.

Beans

Thank you for the replies.

The right click on menu item doesn't work, regardless of whether it is an item in favourites or not. See screenshot attached.

Dragging an app from the KDE menu to the panel doesn't seem to work. Tried this several times, and didn't find a place that would stick.

However, right click on the panel tile of a running app gives the option to select "show when not running" (or similar), which does work. It would be better if the icon on the panel was always there, as sometimes it is handy to have two instances of an app (eg terminal). But this is a great improvement.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Odd. Both work here with no problems.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish

I wish they didn't get rid of the Favorites widget. That was the best launcher as you could make it two rows so it didn't take up so much room. I had a lot of applications on my panel with that. Dragging and dropping them on the panel would take up way too much room.
    Blog | Ubuntu User #15350 | Zsh FTW | Ubuntu Security | Nothing to hide?
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3GHz, Nvidia GTX 650, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1 X 1TB, 2 X 3TB HDD
    Please don't request support via PM