Thread: Facing a Black Screen with ^[[19~ written all over

Beans

Facing a Black Screen with ^[[19~ written all over

I have been trying to install Ubuntu from a long time on my Acer Aspire V3-571 and with every try, I just get this black screen on boot. Please have a look at the below video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBzVXTkRA98 The only way I can use Ubuntu is via Grub but doing that every time can be sick. Please help. If you need any further details, please ask.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Facing a Black Screen with ^[[19~ written all over

You say you do someting in Grub and it works? Pray tell--- what do you do in grub as a work-around?

What version of Ubuntu?

What video card?

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I watched the youtube you linked to - after the stream of characters it does appear that the system is booting (albeit with flickering screen) - however the linked video stops before the boot process is complete.

You'll need to provide hardware information, Ubuntu version, boot method (USB/CD) and specific details of errors for anyone here to be able to help

this launchpad bug about wireless issues faced by some Ubuntu/Mint users owning the same model of laptop you have would indicate that installation is possible

Beans

I am sorry for providing half details. MIne is Acer Aspire V3-571 intel i3, 2 GB DDR3 Ram with intel HDGraphics. I am getting this screen on ubuntu 14.04. After around 5 minutes of the flickering screen, i can see the login screen but the mouse cursor wont work. SO i can only work with the keyboard.
    And about the Grub. I press the shift key while booting, and hit enter on "ubuntu". this works, I don't know why..
    Thanks