Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catalyst 14.12 for Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Catalyst 14.12 for Linux

Hi dannyboy79,
    cat /proc/version says this...
    Linux version 3.13.0-43-generic (buildd@toyol) (gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) ) #72~precise1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 9 12:14:18 UTC 2014
    Synaptic Package Manager says this for mesa/libgl...
    8.0.4-0ubuntu0.7
    Important to note that I did nothting special to get the latest HWE, it came automatically through Update Manager. I simply had to reinstall FGLRX using the auto-installer from the command line and chose Recommended. It was all seamless and didn't have to tinker around much, just like the user experience in Windows.

On another note on the performance increase but on a different tangent;... I upgraded an X11 darkcoin miner rig of mine which has 2x R9-290s and there was a significant jump in hash rate as well! X11 mining uses OpenCL.
    Check out the image underneath around 3 a.m. after the Kernel update and FGLRX update!...
    Jump_in_hash_rate13.12.2014.jpg
    Last edited by DanglingPointer; December 13th, 2014 at 02:19 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by DanglingPointer View Post
    Hi dannyboy79,
    cat /proc/version says this...

Synaptic Package Manager says this for mesa/libgl...

Important to note that I did nothting special to get the latest HWE, it came automatically through Update Manager. I simply had to reinstall FGLRX using the auto-installer from the command line and chose Recommended. It was all seamless and didn't have to tinker around much, just like the user experience in Windows.

On another note on the performance increase but on a different tangent;... I upgraded an X11 darkcoin miner rig of mine which has 2x R9-290s and there was a significant jump in hash rate as well! X11 mining uses OpenCL.
    Check out the image underneath around 3 a.m. after the Kernel update and FGLRX update!...
    Jump_in_hash_rate13.12.2014.jpg
    WOW, that's impressive! good to know AMD is thinking about more than just their openGL drivers. openCL is EPIC!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Just finished the Witcher 2 with the new driver in the final Act. What an awesome game, arguably one of the best modern RPGs of our time.

So I've fired up Total War and maxed out all the settings including unit size (largest most realistic armies), and it looks beautiful! I've just finished the Tutorial. The new driver is working beautifully hopefully it doesn't let me down once I get into the Global Campaign. I have a feeling this game is going to easily suck away some 300hrs of my life at least!

Its been a good end to 2014 for Linux gaming! Coming soon... Civ Beyond Earth!

Looking forward to 2015 Linux gaming and adoption!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12