should do it.

Beans

Re: Install pepper flash

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis N View Post
    Code:
    sudo apt-add-repository -r ppa:skunk/pepper-flash
    should do it.
    did you mean sudo apt-remove-repository -r ppa:skunk/pepper:flash

I installed synaptic and removed the 2 skunk ones at the bottom. Now it looks like the image below.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

One last question. In the Synaptic screen shot I posted, what are the 2 packages that have the word "bearoso" in them. I wondered if I put them on the system or if they should be there.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by michael-piziak View Post
    did you mean sudo apt-remove-repository -r ppa:skunk/pepper:flash

I installed synaptic and removed the 2 skunk ones at the bottom. Now it looks like the image below.
    The command is correct the way it is. You don't need it now since you did what I suggested with Synaptic Package Manager. The PPA is now gone.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by michael-piziak View Post
    One last question. In the Synaptic screen shot I posted, what are the 2 packages that have the word "bearoso" in them. I wondered if I put them on the system or if they should be there.
    It's Another PPA -- for Super Nintendo Emulator (snes9x). Someone or something added them at some time.

Beans

Thanks to everyone that tried to help me install pepperflash on my 12.04 lts (64 bit) system.

Personally, I believe that pepperflash should be added back to the software center for my distro - as Ubuntu 12.04 is suppose to be supported for a couple more years.

I did upgrade to 14.04 lts once, but I had a few things not work (like Snes9x, etc ...). I went back to 12.04 lts intentionally.

I've installed Google Chrome, so that's satisfactory to me. I like to have 2 browsers to use (on any computer), in case a web page doesn't work right in one browser.

Is there anywhere I can report that I would like Ubuntu Software Center to keep offering pepper flash for 12.04 so people can use Chromium better ?
    Last edited by michael-piziak; December 5th, 2014 at 03:51 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

The pepperflash plugin is not FREE software (not open source, I believe) and thus it is will never be available on the default or official repositories of Ubuntu

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nerdtron View Post
    The pepperflash plugin is not FREE software (not open source, I believe) and thus it is will never be available on the default or official repositories of Ubuntu
    Thanks for the reply.

My response would be, atleast it should be made available where 12.04 lts users can get it in terminal.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Pepperflash is Adobe Flash but built to be used with the pepper plugin api (PPAPI) and not the standard NPAPI(netscape plugin api).
    So it could, in theory, be made available if Adobe wanted it to be, right along side the adobe flashplugin, which is currently installable through the Ubuntu repo system.

But yes, it will never come with the install disk, and never be in the main or universe repos.
    (I think flash is in either multiverse or partner)
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

Thanks for your reply.

My response would be: Well shouldn't pepperflash at least be available to 12.04 lts users with a Terminal command line - ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast