Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CIV V on Steam for Linux!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: CIV V on Steam for Linux!

this is good news. however i got a bit tired of civ games with 4th instalment. the main issues that bug me are that the AI is often self desructive, that you can't win by being small, that you can easilly run wars by proxies or that it is difficult to encourage AI into war with another AI. no matter if oyu throw large sums of cash at him or promise him your land etc... strange that.

i lately tried Europa universalis and was Quite pleased with it but some things are still missing. and some stuff was unbalanced. i wish i could try the 4th version but my PC is too old for it it seems. i did like a similar game Hearts of Iron a lot more but then agian it too has it's limitations as it is more focused on strategic combat than other things. Europa universalis and simialr are interesting because even if you are small you can get good score i believe and are more sandbox like. and even if oyu are smallish there is no reaosn to attack neighbours. you can do just fine like that. so the AI is not doing fatal war declarations with no reason.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

You raise good points. Nevertheless, having another AAA title which is in Steam's Top Ten for our platform is nothing but A Good Thing. I agree that Paradox' EU4 and CK2 reward the player more than they frustrate the player, although the Paradox games do take a lot longer to learn how to play. I've found that CIV games are best played when played to learn, not played to win.

When I want to be completely overwhelmed by my choices and totally humbled by the easiest AI (which many people complain is too easy), I play Dominions 4. I can be pretty quickly brought down to earth that way.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

I'm actually giving a copy (The COMPLETE Edition) away at http://gamingonlinux.com/articles/ci...-giveaway.3897 the winner will be announced Friday
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12