Thread: Truecrypt mounted, move firefox cache

Beans

Truecrypt mounted, move firefox cache

Hello, I am new to ubuntu, I would like some help about moving firefox cache to my truecrypt mounted disk

The problem I have is with the "directory", in windows it was easy to just put F: etc. but in ubuntu, I dont understand how directories work, any help please?

Beans

Re: Truecrypt mounted, move firefox cache

Hi Papanata, Welcome to the forums!

I would like to point you to the following website to help you understand Linux file structure. Linux Directory Structure (File System Structure) Explained with Examples

In order to become successful with Linux you don't need to know everything about the file-structure of Linux. Being familiar and having a general idea of where things are located will help immensely.

The directory I believe you are looking for can be found under
    Code:
     /usr/lib/firefox
    Another thing in Linux you will need to be comfortable with is the terminal.

Using the Terminal

Hope that helps!
    ~Caboose
    "When our actions do not, our fears do make us traitors." -- Shakespeare
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!" -- Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!

Hello there, you can see the firefox directory cache location if you open a firefox window and type the following.
    about:cache
    This link below may help a bit, look under section 7. That shows the cache location on that particular computer.

http://jaxov.com/2009/09/how-to-acce...-ubuntu-linux/

Thank you,
    Last edited by panorain; March 24th, 2014 at 01:47 AM. Reason: misspelled word

Beans

Thanks Caboose, I'm new to Ubuntu, want to read up on that stuff.