Thread: unwanted change of username...

Beans

unwanted change of username...

Only NOW I read all your warnings about the change of ubuntu forums login procedure... After realizing that a new User (and a resetted to 0 number of beans) was attached to a recent post of mine... Sorry about that! Possible for you to give me back the old username (do I have to change my reference email address (it is and was different (just a chance!) between UbForums and U1...) in U1 to match the old UbForums one?).
    Thanks a lot in advance!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: unwanted change of username...

If you let us know what your original user name is, we can help you get access to that account.

Beans

It was Gingalone, any of old and U1 reference email addresses is OK.
    Thanks for help!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

You used an operamail email address in Ubuntu One, but the email registered to the Gingalone forum account has a livecom email. Is the livecom address still active? That is, will you be able to set it as preferred in Ubuntu One? If so, do that and post back to confirm that you have done so and I or another admin will disassociate this forum account from your Ubuntu One account, after which you'll be able to log into the Gingalone account.

If the livecom address is not active and you can't set it as preferred in Ubuntu One, post back and we'll find another way of doing this.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Akk, I have just discovered that I have two U1 accounts, one with livecom email address and another with the operamail one.... That comes from my first approach with U1 when the service was attached to Ubuntu....
    So, I am trying to solve my question with U1, then (when I'll have just one account with livecom email address) I'll be back to Ubuntuforums to solve this other trouble!

Beans

OK Coffeecat, thanx to your Ubuntu One colleague, I got the second U1 account deleted so I have been able to change my U1 reference email address to the Livecom one, so it should be possible for you to make me go back to my old Ubuntu Forums Gingalone account.
    Thank you!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I've disassociated this account from Ubuntu One. So long as you have the email matching the Gingalone account set as preferred in your Ubuntu One account, you will log into the Gingalone account next time.

Please pm me from the Gingalone account when you have successfully logged in and I will disable this account.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.