Truecrypt

How to install truecrypt in Saucy.
    NAH40

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Truecrypt

Why do you think that it would be different for Saucy then for Raring? Unless of course the developers of truecrypt have not yet packaged their software for saucy. The Ubuntu 13.10 Software Centre has in something called tcplay. It is described as

as a free (BSD licensed), pretty much fully featured (including multiple keyfiles, cipher cascades, etc) and stable TrueCrypt implementation
    There you are. It is the same in Saucy as for Raring.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Hidden!

It is not the same.
    NAH40

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Are you downloading the application from here? If so, use file-roller to extract it, then run the setup. In my case I downloaded the 64 bit version:

Code:
    sudo ./truecrypt-7.1a-setup-x64
    a window will pop up and walk you through the setup process. Once you have it installed, open a terminal and type:

Code:
    truecrypt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cariboo; October 10th, 2013 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Added info and screenshot

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Greetings,
    Truecrypt is installed from a bash script. I copy the setup script to my bin directory and run it from the command prompt. Works perfect for me. I also create a .desktop file and icon to put on my launcher. Truecrypt is one of my must have programs.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    Are you downloading the application from here? If so, use file-roller to extract it, then run the setup. In my case I downloaded the 64 bit version:

Code:
    a window will pop up and walk you through the setup process. Once you have it installed, open a terminal and type:

Code:
    truecrypt
    Installed file-roller, but cannot figure out how to use it to extract Truecrypt.
    NAH40

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Just use tar to extract.

tar xf truecrypt-7.1a-setup-x64.tar.gz

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Greetings,
    Everyone has their preferences here but Archive Manager is preinstall with Saucy. I don't see why someone would have a problem right clicking on a file and choosing to extract the file. Especially when they joined the forum in 2006. Am I missing something?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by rrnbtter View Post
    Greetings,
    Everyone has their preferences here but Archive Manager is preinstall with Saucy. I don't see why someone would have a problem right clicking on a file and choosing to extract the file. Especially when they joined the forum in 2006. Am I missing something?
    I can extract the file with Archive Manager, but the resulting setup file has no application opening option except gedit.
    I have never had a problem installing Truecrypt in other Ubuntu versions.
    NAH40

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

You run the setup script as cariboo has already told you.

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post

Code:

Code:
    truecrypt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast