Thread: Finally I am me again!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Finally I am me again!

I finally tracked the problem down I think. I copied a few of the things I'd checked in case someone else can use them.

At forum login
    Your OpenID provider didn't send us your email address. Please provide a valid email address to continue:

#####@msn.com -- even though the email in box was correct.

The following errors occurred during your registration:

The email address you entered is already in use. If you have forgotten your password, please click here.

I made sure I was logged out of every service. It still said the same thing.

Launchpad

These addresses are confirmed as being yours:
    critin
    #####@msn.com correct

SOO (ubuntu one) info:
    Personal details
    Your name:critin
    Preferred email address: #####@msn.com correct

Finally at login I decided to check the box to share my email publicly and it worked. The correct email was there but grayed out. If it now shows to bots and everyone I hesitate to unshare...lol

Bottom line, I greatly appreciate the patience of cariboo907, though he seemed to be loosing it when he came very close to accusing ME of doing something wrong. lol That's okay though 'cause he has no idea of what I said back to him.

Thank you all!
    Remember When Double-Dog dare ya's and water balloons were the ultimate weapon?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Finally I am me again!

Sorry about that critin, it has been a very long couple of days. I'm glad to see you finally got things sorted.

Beans
    Distro

Don't be sorry for that. I'd only been working on mine, how many were you working with? whew! I couldn't get why I could log on launchpad but not the forum, I had only one email on all three of those and the other two always worked. There should be an instruction explaining you must allow sharing there. There was no need for all that work--you were just fantastic!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

good to see you back

Beans
    Distro

Thanks, Elfy It was your first response to my post that assured me I had the right email.

You might have people who know they have the right email to look at the login page carefully. If the right email is showing but is grayed out, they'll need to check it to make it bold.

I don't see how you guys can remain so friendly after all this.