Thread: Which Ubuntu ISO do I need???

Beans

Which Ubuntu ISO do I need???

I want to try ubuntu 13.10 from the iso (this page), but on that list I don't know which one to choose. I have a 64bit computer - the PC (Intel x86) desktop image is recommended but it's 32bit right? Is that the one I want?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Which Ubuntu ISO do I need???

Hello!

I would use the 64 bit version. Don't worry about the "AMD64" thing. That's a historical convention. It will work on Intel processors.

Cheers!
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Re: Which Ubuntu ISO do I need???

Quote Originally Posted by MaZaMo View Post
    I want to try ubuntu 13.10 from the iso (this page), but on that list I don't know which one to choose.
    Hmmm. If you are unsure which version is appropriate for your hardware, then you probably should not be using the pre-release version.

Pre-release means breakage is possible. It's not ready for release yet.
    You are a tester. You are expected to file proper bug reports, and to help diagnose and test fixes.
    You need a minimum level of skill to do that...understanding the requirements of each .iso is included in that skill set.
    Last edited by Cheesehead; July 16th, 2013 at 05:26 AM.