Thread: Jailed Post.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Jailed Post.

Hello,

I sincerely regret my carelessness in recently recently creating an unsavoury post. If it could be removed from Jail so that I could destroy it I would be pleased. Actually if you could delete it altogether that would be preferred.

Thank you,
    BlinkinCat.
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Jailed Post.

I can't find a post of yours in the jail that I would call unsavoury. Were you referring to one about 4 days ago when you welcomed someone in the Welcome to the Forums thread? I think there may have been a different reason for that one being jailed. If you post a link to the actual post that you are concerned about, I'll be better able to respond. Don't be concerned about a link - a link to a jailed post of yours will only work for forum staff and yourself.

As a general point don't worry about any posts of yours that might be jailed. If we have concern about the content of a post of yours, we'll be sure to tell you! We use the jail as a general purpose dustbin (trashcan) for various reason and perhaps the term "jail" isn't ideal. We don't only jail posts that contravene the Code of Conduct, but also duplicates due to server problems, innocent responses to posts that turn out to be spam, and various other unremarkable posts that need to be removed from public view. Only the poster and the forum staff can see jailed posts - there's no stigma attached to having posts jailed.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hi coffeecat,

Yes, that is the post in question - I should have been more aware of the language used by the previous poster before I included his post in my welcoming post. I will be more careful in future.

Having later viewed more derogatory remarks made by this member, I would be more than happy if this post could be removed completely - it serves no useful purpose any longer.

Thanks again coffeecat.

Regards,
    BlinkinCat.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

There is no reason to delete said post from the Jail - in fact we do not permanently delete ANY posts.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    There is no reason to delete said post from the Jail - in fact we do not permanently delete ANY posts.

Fair enough Elfy - As I said, I will be more careful in future -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

The new member you were responding to managed to get themselves banned very soon after. I think it's possible that the intention was that the banned member's post as well as yours would be jailed, but that yours only was - perhaps it was an error. Whatever, I've now moved the banned member's post to the jail as well as a response from another admin to make a single thread with your post. Again, this is primarily for staff use. No one but you and staff can see your post.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thank you very much coffecat.

I hope that you are keeping well BTW -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkinCat View Post
    Thank you very much coffeecat.

I hope that you are keeping well BTW -

Fixed spelling error -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog