Thread: Ubuntu Gaming Console.

Beans

Lightbulb Ubuntu Gaming Console.

I love Ubuntu and I just loved Ubuntu Touch when I watched the preview. Maybe, this is discussed before. I am an insane PS3 gamer but I would prefer an ubuntu-like interface to any of the consoles. The people at Ubuntu are incredible. I could not believe the features in Ubuntu Touch Preview. So, I wanted to make a request for a ubuntu based gaming console. Mark Shuttleworth and the workers at ubuntu have done an excellent designing on ubuntu touch and I would love to use a ubuntu based console with it's UI instead of the PS3. PS3 is good but Ubuntu can be better. Ubuntu is on desktops, tablets, mobiles worldwide already but many including ME would love an ubuntu-based gaming console. Please think about it @Ubuntu.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Gaming Console.

Hi there my friend, good news is Ubuntu console is coming (Steam-box), also you can build your own http://www.digitaltrends.com/computi...own-steam-box/

Beans

I know about Steam Box and it is an impressive project but I am talking about a similar device with a version of ubuntu specially optimized for gaming. The Steam Box is providing all the ubuntu features but as there is ubuntu touch, there should also be a version of ubuntu specially for gaming.

Beans

I think console interfaces are designed for a controller, so an interface designed for touch / PC is not as optimal.

Beans

With a little change like they did for ubuntu touch, ubuntu can be the best gaming console. As there are not many populat consoles in the market, it would also make people think about exploring the ubuntu for pc and mobiles worldwide.
    Last edited by anant12; June 22nd, 2013 at 07:39 PM.