Thread: How Do I root an LG Optimus Showtime smartphone? LGL86C

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Question How Do I root an LG Optimus Showtime smartphone? LGL86C

Hi. I am interested in rooting my new smartphone to be able to uninstall some default apps that I do not even need such as facebook and twitter. not a social bug. plus want to get it lighter on resource usage. I have only found ways to do this with windows mainly and need help with setting it up by using linux/ubuntu. It is an LG Optimus Showtime. model LGL86C. android version is 4.0.4. baseband version is MSM8655. kernel version is 3.0.8. build number is IMM76L. software version is L86CV10a

thanks to any and all help.
    Not wasting my time with any more good signatures. Even asterisk are vulgar

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: How Do I root an LG Optimus Showtime smartphone? LGL86C

i tried SEVERAL methods as suggested by some websites to root the Optimus Showtime but none worked for my phone. I ended up just getting to a friends computer running windows 7 and succesfully got my phone rooted. for the Showtime, I do not suggest using SuperOneClick, I tried it and it gave me errors and froze, I was worried that my $250 smart phone just bought brand new would be corrupted somehow. I got lucky and it wasn't. I then tried OneClickRoot. It had me a bit more excited to see that it confirmed my phone model was rootable however it had a note above saying it was not guaranteed. So i tried it and it failed. I then found a program called UnlockRoot. www.unlockroot.com . All i had to do was installed the file and click a single button. one actual button unlike what the other ones promise. It rooted succesfully and installed supersu . Phone Rooted.

After all of this. I was expecting more out of rooting my phone. yes you can do alot more with a rooted phone but you have to read up on it to know all about it.

I wish I knew how to do this with gnu but just go ahead and use a win7 pc around and install unlockroot. it will help. LGL86C is model I have.
    Not wasting my time with any more good signatures. Even asterisk are vulgar