Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it safe to remove the OSX partition with rEFIT installed?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Is it safe to remove the OSX partition with rEFIT installed?

Quote Originally Posted by este.el.paz View Post
    @crjackson:

The fact that the .iso booted and worked is probably a good sign that an install would go well. I think that if you add another HD and just use the installer to install a single system into it would not require any extra effort . . . the installer would set it up for you. And then to switch HDs it would be just like selecting an external HD linked by FW to boot into--just hold "option" key down and the boot selector window will show the available systems . . . . If it doesn't work there is always SuperGRUB2 to use to boot systems . . . .

e.e.p.
    I'll probably give this a try later this week. If it will work out as you have described, that would be perfect.
    Mac Pro 5,1 6-Core 3.33GHz, 48GB, Sapphire RX580
    Optical -- Apple Super Drive & MCE Internal Blu-ray
    512GB SM 970 Pro NVMe/HighPoint 7101A/10.14.5
    SonnetAllegro Pro USB 3/ 4TB WD/4TB - Barracuda

Beans

Re: Is it safe to remove the OSX partition with rEFIT installed?

Quote Originally Posted by crjackson View Post
    I'll probably give this a try later this week. If it will work out as you have described, that would be perfect.
    Cool. Hopefully you understood that the "holding the option key down" meant holding the option key after a system restart, not just pushing the option key while booted in OSX, sorry if that wasn't clear . . . or sorry for this post if you already knew that. But, there should be plenty of other stuff to do with your new computer . . . on OSX . . . unless you have another HD just sitting around ready to be clicked into place . . . . But, either way, post back to the thread with how things go, it might help somebody else . . . . In a few months I'm looking for a new desktop, one that I hope to be able to have a couple HDs in so I don't have to partition a drive, etc.

e.e.p.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12