Thread: Complaint

Beans

Complaint

No reason not to keep on when you are making wrong decisions.
    Your answer is rubbish. You do not answer on my arguments, nor do you state any of your own.
    To you free speech does not play a role on this forum. How arrogant and ignorant. Are you located in china or east europe? When you stop a post from being published then you censor. I asked my question on another ubuntu forum. 2 who answered found my question trolling. One wrote ubuntu is not spying. 2 of the 3 who replied, answered my question. No one answered in a flaming way. There was no censorship. One told me this forum is not paid by canonical. So it can only be misunderstood loyalty, and that you do not have the skills to handle such matters. Because you have failed to show what trolling is, and when you use the trolling rule, you have achieved that I take no notice in what you call trolling, and I will write exactly what I want. From another forum I have learned, that several ubuntu forums do not accept any criticism about ubuntu. So adms are in general to linked up with ubuntu. Stupid when it is about open software.
    The big letters used must have occurred because I write in libreoffice, and then copy and paste.

Dear ubto66,

This is a notification email. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO IT.

coffeecat has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2111637 complaint. - in the Resolution Centre forum of Ubuntu Forums.

This thread is located at:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...4&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
    Firstly:

---Quote (Originally by ubto66)---
    My post is, and should be covered by freedom of speech,
    ---End Quote---
    I don't know where you get that idea from. Anything you post is covered by the forum Code of Conduct (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy) to which you agreed when you created your forum account. The CoC disallows several things, for instance all political and religious discussion, so in that respect you do not have complete freedom of speech here. More relevant to your post, the CoC also forbids trolling:

---Quote---
    *Trolling, Attacks and Flaming:* These are always forbidden.
    * Trolling is posting in a way that provokes emotional responses.
    * Attacks and derogatory terms of any kind are not welcome.
    ---End Quote---
    Your post was most definitely trollish and a warning was appropriate. Bear in mine that this was only a warning – it was not an infraction. A warning simply reminds you of the need to keep within the Code of Conduct.

Secondly:

---Quote (Originally by ubto66)---
    Complaint on elfy, who acting as administrator decided to censor my post
    ---End Quote---
    You were not being censored. Elfy was acting according to the CoC:

---Quote---
    you agree that forum staff have the right to remove, edit, move or close any post, topic or thread at any time they see fit following the guidelines outlined below. You agree that the staff of this forum have the right to send a private message with a warning and/or censor any forum user who is in violation of forum policy.
    ---End Quote---
    You have received a warning which I agree with. I suggest you move on.

One last thing. The Code of Conduct seems to be an unknown area for you and I strongly suggest you read it in its entirety. Your post above infringes another part of the CoC, namely:

---Quote---
    Use color and font properties for highlighting portions of your text, and not for all of the text in your post. Please use the default font color and properties unless you need to highlight or draw attention to a part of your post. ALL CAPS is interpreted as screaming. Funky non-uniform font size/color is difficult for those who are visually impaired. If you are having problems with reading the font, please adjust your browser.
    ---End Quote---
    Your use of giant text size is discourteous to those with visual acuity problems who use browser settings or accessibility options to make text readable. Your post would appear hopelessly oversized to people with visual problems. Normally, staff would edit posts such as yours to bring them back into compliance with the CoC, but we have a tradition of leaving Resolution Centre posts unedited. Please don't post in this way again.

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    Ubuntu Forums

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/subscription...2158e491f12023

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/subscription...n&folderid=all

Re: Complaint

To you free speech does not play a role on this forum.

As long as the post is within the Ubuntu Code of Conduct, it will be posted. Free speech, as in the 1st amendment of the US constituition, applies to the government, not a nongovernmental agency or company.

No reason not to keep on when you are making wrong decisions.
    Your answer is rubbish. You do not answer on my arguments, nor do you state any of your own.
    To you free speech does not play a role on this forum. How arrogant and ignorant. Are you located in china or east europe? When you stop a post from being published then you censor. I asked my question on another ubuntu forum. 2 who answered found my question trolling. One wrote ubuntu is not spying. 2 of the 3 who replied, answered my question. No one answered in a flaming way. There was no censorship. One told me this forum is not paid by canonical. So it can only be misunderstood loyalty, and that you do not have the skills to handle such matters. Because you have failed to show what trolling is, and when you use the trolling rule, you have achieved that I take no notice in what you call trolling, and I will write exactly what I want. From another forum I have learned, that several ubuntu forums do not accept any criticism about ubuntu. So adms are in general to linked up with ubuntu. Stupid when it is about open software.
    The big letters used must have occurred because I write in libreoffice, and then copy and paste.
    Since your post is trolling, I see no need to answer it further. If you wish to restate in manner that is not trolling, I would be more than happy to help you resolve your issues.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ubto66 View Post
    Because you have failed to show what trolling is, and when you use the trolling rule, you have achieved that I take no notice in what you call trolling, and I will write exactly what I want.
    This antagonistic attitude will not likely yield the results you seek.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ubto66 View Post
    One told me this forum is not paid by canonical. So it can only be misunderstood loyalty, and that you do not have the skills to handle such matters. Because you have failed to show what trolling is, and when you use the trolling rule, you have achieved that I take no notice in what you call trolling, and I will write exactly what I want. From another forum I have learned, that several ubuntu forums do not accept any criticism about ubuntu. So adms are in general to linked up with ubuntu. Stupid when it is about open software.
    This is just to clarify some misinformation in your post, this Forum is owned by Canonical, the company that produces Ubuntu, the Admins and moderators are volunteers here, and as such aren't paid.

I would also suggest if you want to be heard, insulting the staff isn't the way to go about it.

As far as I'm concerned, the way your post was worded, was trollish, you are going by rumours and blogspace, and it seems to me you actually haven't investigated how the shopping lens actually works.

I'd also suggest you do a search, before posting anything, as the shopping lens has been discussed so many times, that it has become a recurring subject, as as such any discussion will be moved to Recurring Discussions. It seems you came to the party a little late, and full of misinformation, and as such your post was jailed.

As has been quoted to you previously, you agreed to the rules of the Forum when you created your account, and as such if you don't follow the rules, you will be penalized.