Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Install PCSX2 And Get It To Work On Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: How To Install PCSX2 And Get It To Work On Ubuntu

Hello,

Open the terminal and type "gksudo nautilus". A window will pop up with an orange tab above the file directory, indicating you are in root permissions. Now you will be able to add, delete or change files.

Beans

Okay I typed in what you said in the terminal and I was able to get the file into the folder, but when I click configure I don't get anything. By the way I'm sorry if I'm a total noob.

Beans
    Distro

Hello,

Do not worry, and there is no need to apologize. Everyone has something they do not know, that does not make you a noob/newb. I like to offer assistance, anyway.

As for the issue, does the configuration window not pop up, or does it not allow you to change anything? And you made sure that you are trying to configure within PCSX2, right?

Beans

the configure window does not pop up at all. and I'm trying to configure within PCSX2.

Beans
    Distro

Hello,

Weird! In Linux Mint, it pops up. Okay, does switching back to default PAD configure plugin make the window pop back up? Does the bug box (white box) report any problems? It should tell you if something is wrong.

Beans

no I get no errors in the log says plugins loaded successfully.

edit now I get an error when I try to boot up the emulator
    Last edited by CrystalDreamer59; January 27th, 2013 at 07:33 AM.

Beans

When I switch back to the original pad plugin everything works fine again.

Beans
    Distro

Hello,

And you are sure you are a 32 bit computer, right? Are you using the 32bit .so file not the 64bit .so file? And did you place the file in the plugins folder correctly?

For the 32bit .so file; http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=42095

edit

What kind of error? Black screen with sound, or something new?

edit 2

Oh, my bad, Pokopom does not allow configuration. It automatically configs, or so it says. That's why it won't allow you. It makes up the settings for you, for solution purposes. But if you can't get the game to work, we can't test the controls. Hmm.
    Last edited by Lightning Dragon; January 27th, 2013 at 07:59 AM.

Beans

yes I'm using a 32 bit OS and I'm using the 32 bit version of the file. Originally my computer had a 64 bit windows 7 OS. I think the problem is when I type "gksudo nautilus" in the terminal I don't know how to close it correctly. how do I do that. I know I don't just close the terminal. By the way I get a separate white screen with some kind of error message and the program freezes up.

Beans
    Distro

Hello,

I usually close the window the command opens first, and then type the command "exit". That shuts down the terminal. When do you get the error screen? Inside the emulator, or does this happen when you perform the sudo commands?

Do you think you could get an image of the error, or copy the error message for us? It could be because the emulator does not support 12.10--at least according to gregory;

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/...e_build_system

See if getting the plugins from this video helps you; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y8dYlBWOh4 and then check to see if the game you are even attempting to play is compatible with the emulator yet, even your controller.

If all else fails, I seriously suggest asking gregory or the forums about this. They will be able to provide you with better help then this forum.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-for-Debian-Ubuntu

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast