Thread: Flash Plugin Errors - Gtk-CRITICAL errors

Beans

Flash Plugin Errors - Gtk-CRITICAL errors

I've pulled out every hair on my head trying to figure this one out.

I have verified that Flash is installed with about:plugins

I can't get Flash to work in FireFox on Ubuntu 12.04. When I try to load a test flash page like:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...sh-player.html

It just shows a black box where the flash contents is suppose to be.

The console shows the errors:

Code:
    (plugin-container:2551): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_visual: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(plugin-container:2551): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_new: assertion `GDK_IS_VISUAL (visual)' failed

(plugin-container:2551): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_alloc_colors: assertion `GDK_IS_COLORMAP (colormap)' failed

(plugin-container:2551): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_modify_bg: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(plugin-container:2551): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_get_visual: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(plugin-container:2551): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_new: assertion `GDK_IS_VISUAL (visual)' failed

(plugin-container:2551): Gdk-CRITICAL **: IA__gdk_colormap_alloc_colors: assertion `GDK_IS_COLORMAP (colormap)' failed

(plugin-container:2551): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_modify_bg: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

I have no idea what package I'm missing. I'm assuming that is the issue.

I did have Flash working, but I had to reinstall Ubuntu 12.04, and now this is my issue. I know Flash will work with FireFox on 12.04, but I have no clue why it's not now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Flash Plugin Errors - Gtk-CRITICAL errors

Hello,

Go to your distro's software center and search up "flash" or "adobe flash". If you see them, install them and restart Firefox and see if that works.

Beans

The flash plugin is installed. Any other suggestions?

Beans

Apparently the issue was bad permissions on some shared libraries. In my case the specific library was:

/lib/i386-linux-gnu/librtmp.so.0

Should be set to 644.

Beans

I had issues with the same library. After updating from 10.04 to 12.04 LTS two problems were encountered:
    * flash didn't work with firefox anymore,
    * virtualbox refused to start.

Both problems were resolved by copying /usr/lib/i486-linux-gnu/librtmp.so.0 to
    * /usr/lib/firefox
    * /usr/lib/virtualbox

I didn't have to change permissions.

Maybe I could have just moved it to /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu, but I didn't experiment with that.