Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuduntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Fuduntu?

I was looking around not really expecting to find anything, when i searched for "Ubuntu and Fedora" but to my surprise, I found this distro called Fuduntu. It claims to be a combo of Ubuntu and Fedora. It seems to be pretty good. And it also says that it supports Netflix!

Has anyone seen this and if you have, can you tell me if its good. Its not that i don't want to do it my self, Its that i have a custom built laptop with a lot of weird hardware and don't know that it will support it and i don't want to forfeit my Ubuntu. I am getting a iMac g3 for this laptop and i probably put it on it if it is good.

All i want to know is if it is fast, reliable and compatible with my iMac.

THX

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Fuduntu?

If Fedora is compatible then Fuduntu will be compatible. It's just Fedora with some add ons so It'll be comparable to Fedora in terms of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by drawkcab View Post
    If Fedora is compatible then Fuduntu will be compatible. It's just Fedora with some add ons so It'll be comparable to Fedora in terms of performance.
    No we aren't, we forked from Fedora over a year ago, and exist as a completely independent distribution. We are headed in a completely different direction than Fedora.
    [ Fuduntu.org ] - [ Fuduntu Forum ] - [ Fuduntu Blog ] - [ Fuduntu Wiki ]

For a classic desktop with the latest apps, get Fuduntu!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by fuduntu View Post
    No we aren't, we forked from Fedora over a year ago, and exist as a completely independent distribution. We are headed in a completely different direction than Fedora.
    I was wondering "How long before a reply", 1 hour, not bad
    Your "radar" is working well today

Quote Originally Posted by coldcritter64 View Post
    I was wondering "How long before a reply", 1 hour, not bad
    Your "radar" is working well today
    I waited an hour before replying to this one just so I could keep it in sync.

Beans

Fuduntu

what type of package does Fuduntu use?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by fuduntu View Post
    Much love for a developer chiming in!

Re: Fuduntu

Quote Originally Posted by AM Ramakrishnan View Post
    what type of package does Fuduntu use?
    I'll let you know in around 30 minutes. Seriously though, we are an rpm based distribution.

Beans

Re: Fuduntu

Yep saw 2013.1 just released in distro watch. So going to down it and give LiveCD a whirl looked interesting.

Tho running Mint 14 Cinnamon a pretty happy with that. Tho still no solve from wireless nm-applet as my realtek 8187 is supported. But plagued with disconnects 1-6 times every 12 hrs. And nm-applet won't reconnect. Have to manually turn off wireless and back on to get it to connect. And driver seems less robust and weaker compared to running wifi on my win7 side.

Beans

I have tried it and while interesting it lacks repositories, plus YUM is slower then molasses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast