Thread: wha hoppen to krename?

Beans

Thumbs down wha hoppen to krename?

Hello All,

I regularly use krename but for some years now I have not been able to batch-rename folders, which is a very useful option for media files.

(I am using placid/kde with krename 4.0.5)

Does anyone know why kename no longer supports batch-rename of folders- or am I missing a plugin?

Any suggestions for how to 'fix' this or an alternate kde-friendly app that will do it?

Thanks
    CT

Beans

Re: wha hoppen to krename?

Guys really? Nobody is up on this?
    BUMP!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Have you tried using Dolphin?

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by chitowner2 View Post
    Does anyone know why kename no longer supports batch-rename of folders- or am I missing a plugin?
    I've just tested 4.09 which is the latest release and successfully renamed a small batch of five directories.

In 4.09, when you click the "Add" button you need to check the "Add directory names only" box. krename is not something that I use very often so I have no idea what changes have been made in recent releases.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bra|10n View Post
    Have you tried using Dolphin?
    I thought Dolphin was just a file browser. Remember, I am interested in batch mode.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PaulW2U View Post
    I've just tested 4.09 which is the latest release and successfully renamed a small batch of five directories.

In 4.09, when you click the "Add" button you need to check the "Add directory names only" box. krename is not something that I use very often so I have no idea what changes have been made in recent releases.
    Maybe that's the source of my problem. Normally I just click on something and "open with" krename. I know the "Add" button is 'the long way around' but perhaps I should try that when I want to batch-rename folders.

Beans

OK, a long while later....

Yes! Click tab "1. Files" then choose "Add" from the right column, then, in the lower half of the popup window, choose options for folder names.

No wonder I was so clueless... Normally I just click on a collection of folders and they open under tab "4. Filename". I almost never use the other tabs.