Thread: someone help!!! cannot installproperly

Beans

Unhappy someone help!!! cannot installproperly

1. basically i have a faulty version of windows, and everytime i logged in my labtop would freeze instantly. so now im operating in safe mode with networking, trying to replace my bad windows. i dont have a usb or blank dvd to download any OS that will let me get on World of warcraft/shaiya (games) and basic web browsing. But to do this i have to switch OS's internally.
      And my basic problem with ubuntu was i downloaded it great, but whe i reboot and go to choose it, an error msg pops up. "hd 0,0 no wubilder hd 0,1 2 FTSF5 1,2. then says cannot find grldr in all devices" ive been on many forum and blogs and they say usually the problem is that i dont have wubildr or wubildr.mbh copied in my C: drive.... I do. they also say to wait a minute its searching for the drive. that also did not work. idk what im doing wrong with it..
    1. and no... none of my friends deal with anything besides windows... sad ik. any help would be awesome. at this point, ive uninstalled ubuntu, and am looking into other options. like i said before, any OS that would let me download games from the internet and basic browser stuff like watchin videos, myspace, or fb. guaranteed you know more about this than i do. also, i have a basic gateway computer with a counterfeit version of windows apperently.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: someone help!!! cannot installproperly

I would look at Lubuntu if you have an older computer.

I was using a hacked windows version with Ubuntu and they didn't play well together. I went with linux and dumped windows altogether.

I don't play games but you can use wine or playonlinux to some windows stuff.

Does that help?
    What keeps the world in chains but your beliefs?
    And what can save the world except your Self?
    Belief is powerful indeed.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

For WoW you're looking at either Windows or Mac for official support. That said, WoW performs reasonably under Wine.
    I <3 turtles.

Beans

okay, but keep in mind i dont have a usb or cd/dvd for the download, so i have to do it without. how would i do this? and yea, i also plan to get rid of windows completely on i have a diff OS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

If you don't have a blank CDor USB stick then your options are:
    Buy an installation disc, see
    https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/switch...lling-get.html

or borrow a USB stick from a friend. You need at least a 1GB stick or SD card (if you have a card slot)
    Get him/her to download a Linux distro. You can get various versions here:
    http://releases.ubuntu.com/

Then download Unetbootin from here:
    http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Use Unetbootin to create a bootable USB stick, install Ubuntu and give the stick back to your pal.
    You will need to enter your laptops BIOS setup and change the boot-up order so that it boots from USB first. After the install has finished remove the stick and change the BIOS back to boot up from the hard drive first.