Thread: Help Me please.......

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Help Me please.......

I had debian as my OS....
    I wanted to try arch linux....
    With a few difficulties and with a lot of wasted time, I finally got arch linux on my PC.....
    But when the computer booted, it displayed only arch linux as an option and not debian...
    Then I used grub4dos from lucid puppy and got debian as an option...
    But now when I tried arch linux....I get this error....Also, the caps lock light keeps on blinking....

Help me...I've wasted considerable time installing arch linux...I dont want to reinstall again....Help me fix this.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Help Me please.......

Quote Originally Posted by abnordude View Post
    I had debian as my OS....
    I wanted to try arch linux....
    With a few difficulties and with a lot of wasted time, I finally got arch linux on my PC.....
    But when the computer booted, it displayed only arch linux as an option and not debian...
    Then I used grub4dos from lucid puppy and got debian as an option...
    But now when I tried arch linux....I get this error....Also, the caps lock light keeps on blinking....

Help me...I've wasted considerable time installing arch linux...I dont want to reinstall again....Help me fix this.......
    You'll get quicker Arch help here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/

Also, just a quick tip: If you want to try a preconfigured Arch Linux distro, check out Bridge Linux. The creator has several iso's with various DE's (KDE, GNOME, etc) already setup.

Beans

Are you using lilo, grub or grub2?

I think Debian uses Grub2 by default so maybe look at installing grub2 in Arch https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB2
    Last edited by mips; April 30th, 2012 at 04:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I found out the solution...

It was rather a simple one....

I just did a 'sudo update-grub' from debian, and it detected arch....

Thanks everyone for the help....

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Help Me please.......

That's exactly what I do. I am so happy that the Arch installer allows me to easily skip the bootloader phase. As soon as I finish Installing Arch, I just boot into Ubuntu, run update-grub, and then everything works exactly as it should.

Tim
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit