Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: HOW TO Add Support for KYE, UC-logic, and Waltop Tablets in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: HOW TO Add Support for KYE, UC-logic, and Waltop Tablets in Ubuntu

Hmm, I have a VisTablet PenPad. Under Ubuntu, it's detected as a " WALTOP Tablet stylus" (something like that; basically a lot of spaces with that exact casing).

lsusb says "Bus 003 Device 005: ID 172f:0037 Waltop Internation Corp.".

The tablet itself works for cursor movement and taps, but not as expected. Essentially, the cursor on the screen will always move to the next location. If I tap the left side of the tablet, lift the pen up so the tablet can't see it, then tap the right side of the tablet, the cursor on the screen will move from left to right. The expected behavior is for the cursor to teleport from left to right.

I believe this has happened since 12.04, up till 13.10 (haven't tried 14.04 dailies yet). Same occurs on variants too (Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Lubuntu). The same happens on openSUSE 13.1 also.

Strangely though, on SteamOS (released yesterday), the tablet appears to work fine (cursor teleports). It's using Debian 7as a base, but even a LiveCD of Debian still had improper handling of the tablet.

Any ideas as to how I can get the cursor movement to work as-expected?

I should also add that a Wacom Bamboo I tested worked fine on both openSUSE 13.1 and Ubuntu 13.10. Here's a video showing the behavior of both tablets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJgLeTG-R5k

In that video, as the cursor moves in osu!, it leaves a cursor trail. When tapping the sides of both tablets, the cursor trail isn't existent on the Wacom tablet (good behavior). With the VisTablet however, you'll see the cursor trail (not good).

This is only problematic for me mainly in osu! (it basically feels like the cursor is lagging behind or something).
    Last edited by Espionage724; December 15th, 2013 at 11:06 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Bump, I would really love to get this tablet working properly under Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Bump

Beans

Lightbulb Re: HOW TO Add Support for KYE, UC-logic, and Waltop Tablets in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Espionage724 View Post
    Bump
    It would have been nice of you to have reported your solution here instead of leaving hanging bumps

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2195691

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789