Thread: How would port forwarding work if I have two wireless routers?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

How would port forwarding work if I have two wireless routers?

so what would happen is the internets would run out of my wall into a wireless router. that router has some ethernet jacks in the back, one of which would run into another wireless router elsewhere in my house. would that separate router be a separate network? if so, would that add any complications with port forwarding, or am I safe if I just avoid conflicting settings? I know my global IP address would still be the same.
    "Oh, man, I just shot Marvin in the face."

Beans
    Distro

Re: How would port forwarding work if I have two wireless routers?

okay, so I plugged in the router and messed around for a minute.
    http://i.imgur.com/pqnnn.png
    there's my current setup drawn up all fancy for you guys. I assume that only the first router would be handling port forwarding. is there a way to get it to forward certain ports to the second router, and then that router would forward ports to the computer? does the second router have an ip address on the first network thing that I could forward to, or does that make no sense?

Beans
    Distro

Re: How would port forwarding work if I have two wireless routers?

so I have a bad habit of asking for help as soon as I hit a snag and then figuring out the solution. I routed certain ports from the first router to the second router and from there to my ocmputer. I got the ip address of the second router on the first network by looking at the DHCP client table of the first router.

hey future google searchers, I hope this could help you.