Thread: Installing drivers for canon ip3600

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Angry Installing drivers for canon ip3600

Now running 11.10 and originally had my networked ip3600 printing on earlier versions of ubuntu, and it kept working on all my updates. I could even get it to work with the ip4600 drivers. But after having to reinstall 11.10 I can no longer get it to work. I have tried all the ideas i have seen on the forums so far, including the codes to modify the drivers from canon for libcupsys2/libcups2, but still no joy, only end up with broken packages, that I have to repair, and it will not run as it cannot find usr/lib/cups/filter/pstocanonij, "please install it"
    where do I get that file and how do I install it?

thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Installing drivers for canon ip3600 Solved

Go to the following site http://askubuntu.com/questions/75014...a-canon-driver and do the first answer "I found the solution".
    But you also need the canonip3600.ppd file which can be extracted from the file from this site http://software.canon-europe.com/sof...336.asp?model=.
    extract all the files and it will be in the usr folder of the extracted files.

Beans

Re: Installing drivers for canon ip3600

Suppress the ip3600 printer from your system.

Switch off the printer

Type in a terminal window:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:michael-gruz/canon
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install cnijfilter-common cnijfilter-ip3600series

then switch on the printer. Normally it works and you can print out the test page.