Thread: ebay and msn login problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

ebay and msn login problems

Following a recent update in 10.04, I have lost the ability to sign in to ebay via firefox. My dad has also suddenly experienced this problem after updating 10.10 on his laptop.

The sign in screen appears and we can type in both username and password, but the screen then hangs with no progress bar appearing and eventually suggests that a dll file is being downloaded from signin.ebay.

I also suddenly acquired a problem with signing in to msn through pidgin. It says that I am signed in in another location. I made sure that I had logged out everywhere else and tried again, but still got the same error. I also checked with empathy but got the same result.

In an attempt to fix the problem, I restarted my router, cleared the cache in firefox and restarted the computer, but the same thing happened.

Neither of the problems occur when I try ebay or msn through pidgin in windows 7.

Any suggestions or possible fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Talking Re: ebay and msn login problems

When I sign in on eBay, then it is hangs like no connections,,,, so I just highlight everything after www.ebay.com and deleting, then click reload current page and then I am sign in on ebay.

Welcome eBay sign in:
    ID - XXXXXXXX
    Password - xxxxxxx
    Click - sign in

coming next: http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MigrateVisitor&PageType=1883&hc=1&hm =v%7F.rp*a6gfa%3C3&hc=2&hm=v%7F.rp*a0d0a4b&hc=2&hm =v%7F.rp*g3%605a27&hc=2&hm=v%7F.rp*4gd771c&hc=2&hm =v%7F.rp*%60%3C%3Fee4b&hc=2&hm=v%7F.rp*%3Adbd%3B1% 3E&hc=2&hm=v%7F.rp*0f03%600d&hc=2&hm=v%7F.rp*g252% 6066&hc=2&hm=v%7F.rp*%60%3C%3Fee4b&hc=2&hm=v%7F.rp *267%3Eb%3D7
    DELETING: everything after: http://my.ebay.com
    and then click
    reload current page
    and VOILA
    you are - sign in and in your eBay page.

NEVER MIND:

The page isn't redirecting properly
    Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
    cookies.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: ebay and msn login problems

I have progressed slightly with this problem.

I set the router back to factory settings and still had problems with ebay uk and msn sign in.

To test if it was a router problem, I tried another router and everything started to work.

Does anyone know why the old router would suddenly cause a problem with a small selection of websites and programs but otherwise seem to function as normal? No settings were changed before the problems started.

I would continue to use it if I could get it working normally again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: ebay and msn login problems

Having spent a few hours searching I have finally got everything working again.

I have recently switched providers to talk talk and I discovered on a site that the mtu setting should be 1400.

Changing my router settings fixed the problem.