Thread: Virtualbox and Windows XP

Beans

Virtualbox and Windows XP

hey guys sorry if I'm in the wrong section.

I have a quick question. I installed Virtualbox on my laptop (which has Ubuntu 10.10) then I created a windows XP user. when I go to open it it says "Fatal no bootable machine found system halted!"

how do I get XP to work? do I need to aquire a copy of it and install it in the user on virtual box?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Virtualbox and Windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdvincetheman View Post
    how do I get XP to work? do I need to aquire a copy of it and install it in the user on virtual box?
    Sure you do, VirtualBox doesn't come with all the Operating Systems which are supported.

When you create a new Virtual machine you are allowed to choose the desired operating system. When you first start your Virtual machine a wizard will come up to ask how you want to install the guest OS. You can attach an iso image, or use a CD.

If no wizard:
    1. Start the virtual machine. On the menu bar: Devices -> CD/DVD drives -> then attach an iso image, or click on your CD/DVD reader.
    2. Restart the virtual machine, and press F12 during the virtualbox splash image. This will allow you to change the boot medium, press c, this choose the virtual CD drive and will boot up the install iso/CD.

I hope I could help
    The truth is out there