Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega Forum Performance Problem Thread

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Exclamation Mega Forum Performance Problem Thread

Hello,

I'm sure many of you are aware of the recent performance issues that have been affecting the usability of the site in general. Please know that we too, are aware of these issues, and are working together with Canonical to try and resolve them as soon as possible.

The main problem people seem to be seeing is that the forum reports that you have already posted, you must wait 20 seconds between posts, or it simply double/triple/quadruple posts your single post. If this happens, please do not click the submit button again. Your post will go through eventually. Even a single click has been known to create more than 1 post.

If you happen to come across multiple posts that are identical, please use the report feature to bring this to the attention of the staff, who will do their best to tidy it up and keep threads readable.

Thank you for your patience while we work through this, it's greatly appreciated.

PLEASE NOTE:
    To try and keep performance at acceptable levels, we have temporarily disabled the following:
    • Community Cafe
    • Community Cafe Games
    • Recurring Discussions
    • User Albums
    • Social Groups
    • Visitor Messages

Please be patient when using the site, we are doing the best we can to get these features/forums re-enabled as soon as we can without them crashing the servers.

Update (Jan 18th): We are currently awaiting additional hardware, which will allow us to re-enable the features listed above. As of now, there is no confirmed date for when this will arrive or be installed, but it is being worked on as a priority issue.

Regards,

The UbuntuForums Staff.

hi
    why ubuntu forums load slow compared to all other forums
    its the only forum that load slowly
    Last edited by s.fox; January 20th, 2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: s.fox tidying up forum feedback and help

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: ubuntu forums slow

no problems for me.
    "The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it" .... A. Glasow

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

No problems for me too.

Are you using Windows?
    advocating Free and Open Source Software, supporting the Open Web
    fight for your right to party and get your free cloud storage now

Beans

Works fast for me..

DeMus is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Slow forum pages

Hi,
    First of all a Happy New Year to everyone visiting the Ubuntu forum pages.
    Pages which especially lately are slow in loading. Or better put it takes a long time to find the IP-address. I use Google-Chrome and when I click on a link the little circular line on the TAB is rotating slowly CCW until it finally has found the page, then the circular line is rotating fast CW while loading the page.
    I only see this happening when opening a page on the Ubuntu forum. Other pages are found fast.

Do others find the same problems as I have with the forum website? As I said before it is only here where I have to wait a long time before the page is loaded.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Slow forum pages

Sometimes the forum pages seem slow to load when the forum is busy. I've noticed that it usually come right after an hour or two. Occasionally there's a glitch that needs the attention of the admins, but fortunately that doesn't happen too often.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

DeMus is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    Sometimes the forum pages seem slow to load when the forum is busy. I've noticed that it usually come right after an hour or two. Occasionally there's a glitch that needs the attention of the admins, but fortunately that doesn't happen too often.
    Yes, I understand this happens when the forum is busy, but then it is busy all the time since I experience this all the time. And only with this website. I can surf the net without any delay, all pages are found very fast and load in an instant, except this one. Loading is OK, the speed is high, but finding the website takes forever. With every page I want to load on this site. When I refresh the index page I have to wait 10 seconds or so, when I want to read a thread I have to wait 10 seconds. All the time. It can't only be me, can it?

Beans

It can't only be me, can it?
    No, at least you, me and someone else.
    While it's not as 'cut and dry' as you've posted, it certainly seems different over the last month or so.
    Here it can vary from minute to minute, while likely to be worse when there are 16000+ users vs. 6000, it still has been noticeable at any time.
    I had thought it started w/ firefox4, though the browser used doesn't seem to matter.

( there also seems to be a number of inadvertent double and triple posts at times lately...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Same here from time to time as well - possibly the servers have flu.

Not really sure what's going on with them.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

This past week between Christmas and New Years I was getting so may time outs, that the forums were unusable. The strange thing was that I could access the forums with my netbook with only one or two timeouts all week.

I attributed it to the system I'm running gnome 3 and gnome shell on, as it is so unstable that if you look at it sideways it crashes.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast