Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Dell Duo Setup Guide

Beans

Re: Dell Duo Setup Guide

i use onboard, and had no problems.

also, gnome3 add his own onscreen keybord from Universal Help on Write or else... I'm Spanish, so don't know how is the correct name of this, sorry. for me is not very practical 'cause no has ñ or accents, but for English people... onboard has it.

really sorry about my English...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by amras5584 View Post
    i use onboard, and had no problems.

also, gnome3 add his own onscreen keybord from Universal Help on Write or else... I'm Spanish, so don't know how is the correct name of this, sorry. for me is not very practical 'cause no has ñ or accents, but for English people... onboard has it.

really sorry about my English...
    You looked in to getting the physical keyboard replaced with a Spanish one?

I'll be honest, I know practically nothing about a modern gnome interface, since I've been using KDE since 10.04. It'd make sense that you could change the keyboard layouts in software, though, and get the actual hardware keyboard changed by a technician.
    Custom PC- Athlon II, GeForce 210, Kubuntu Ocelot
    Dell Inspiron 1564, i3 Arrandale, Lubuntu Lucid
    Winbook M Series, Kubuntu Ocelot

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Florence has always had some difficulty with certain glyphs and keyboard layouts. I've tried to use it for Hebrew, and it's impossible. Onboard has been great for as long as the Duo has been out. With the release of Gnome 3, Onboard also offers many of the features that made florence more appealing in the beginning (hidden window boarders, transparency, keyboard graphics with gradients and rounded corners for a smoother look). I actually got on their mailing list for a little while and whined about it, and they actually did everything that I said.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix your problems with Florence, but I think if you play with the options for Onboard, you will probably find it more than adequate.

I'm not totally sure if this is the issue, but I hope this helps. If it's a question about switching keyboard layouts in the system, that's another matter. There's a program called "keyboard" or "keyboard layout" or something, and you can add and delete layouts there. I assume you installed with a Spanish keyboard, and your issue is with the on-screen keyboard simulation.
    Last edited by ninjaaron; December 22nd, 2011 at 03:03 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
    You looked in to getting the physical keyboard replaced with a Spanish one?

I'll be honest, I know practically nothing about a modern gnome interface, since I've been using KDE since 10.04. It'd make sense that you could change the keyboard layouts in software, though, and get the actual hardware keyboard changed by a technician.
    onboard is the name of the program I use for the screen keyboard, but is part of genome package, so sorry. my phisycal keyboard of course has Spanish characters. i'm talking about screen keyboard of genome3... sorry about my english.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
    Oooh, Kubuntu user here!

Only one problem- how do I use it?
    I made a video on how to get it working.
    Last edited by Kirboosy; December 23rd, 2011 at 05:57 AM.
    "When our actions do not, our fears do make us traitors." -- Shakespeare
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not!" -- Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro

Thanks. I'll see how it works once I get my Duo back and test it to make sure they really did fix it. The repair turnaround was so bloody fast, I wouldn't be surprised if all they did was reinstall Win7 and try to claim that everything was fixed. But I don't see how, because there's no way it'd stay powered for a full install unless they did what I told them not to and plugged it into a docking station.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaaron View Post
    [i][edit] Ok, looks like if I turn multitouch off in the config file, easystroke works again. I hate disabling it, but it's not doing anything anyway, and easystroke does a lot, so the choice isn't too difficult. If anyone figures out how to get the two working in harmony, let me know!
    I've found a patch for easystroke that enables multitouch:
    http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/easystroke/ticket/107

Here are some video demonstations:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmcTue1nSZA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z2hH0lgyrM

I've installed this patched version and it works as advertised, although if you plan to use this for gestures like "pinch to zoom" it will not look continuos as in other devices, as each gesture is associated with one key stroke/combination.

Also, I succeeded to build the accelerometer driver from source, but I cannot figure out how to get it working (can load the module, but with some errors)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

By the way, there is a very good build of Android 4.0 ICS for the TegaV2 that works "almost" compeltely with the Duo (wifi, multitouch display). No sound, no bluetooth, and apparently the camera works, but you cannot see yourself in it. Anyway, it is a recent build so I expect things will get better. You can try it live from a USB drive:

http://www.android-x86.org/download

Look for android-x86-4.0-tegav2-20111209.iso I've tried it, and it looks very promising, in fact I plan to dual boot soon (I whish someday there is Android support for LaTeX).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Thankyou for the KDE script, maybe using actvities would be faster ? make one with search and launch and the other with desktop then move with qdbus commands (either next activity or using activity uid) but I cant work out how to have different panels on activities and how to make all windows span all activites by default . Im looking forward to plasma active though , trying to resist putting openSuSe on to try it out
    Last edited by Tomrade; December 26th, 2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Beans
    Distro

Going to be a lot longer before I can start testing. Looks like Dell shipped it back without replacing the motherboard- all they did was reinstall Windows 7 using a docking station, like I told them not to- and then shipped it back. So back to the depot it goes until I get a system that works without a docking station, or I give up and file a BBB complaint.

Page 64 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast