Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is serious !! ( Very graphic warning)Safe driving message

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: This is serious !! ( Very graphic warning)Safe driving message

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    The definition of murder can mean to Kill someone with premeditation or during the commission of a crime.
    As driving with excess blood alcohol causing an accident is the commission of a crime then the causing of death can be considered murder.
    That's not the case where I live (England), but I see now other countries have different legal interpretations of murder. My mistake.

Back on topic: it is my opinion that automotive vehicles are too dangerous for most people when sober. The fatality/injury statistics are even worse in developing countries where safety infrastructure is overlooked in favour of the beneficial effect personal transport has on economic growth.
    If cars were invented today, no government would consider them legal transport.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: This is serious !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bölvaður View Post
    wonder where the video for not standing on railways or stand too close to where trains are.
    A friend of mine recently started working for Norfolk Southern and almost hit a teenage girl less than three months after he started his training. She was listening to to her MP3 player while walking on the tracks and must have jumped backwards at the last second to avoid being hit. He only realized that he didn't hit her until he looked into the rear view mirror. They told him the average train conductor will hit about seven people during a 30-40 year career.
    The only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing at all, for certain.

Beans

Well, that's five and a half minutes of my life wasted.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by RATM_Owns View Post
    That probably epitomizes the drink driving mentality and especially the recidivist drink driver mentality.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

One year there was an accident in my village. There were 6 mates. They had all been drinking in a pub about 2 miles down the road. As they came into the village their car hit a really thick stone wall at a considerable speed. The 4 men in the back were killed, All died at the scene. The driver and front passenger survived. Having something like this happen in a small village can really brings home what being drunk behind the wheel can do.

Beans

I like Judge Judith's solution to drunk driving: take away the car, not the licence. Then don't care if the care belongs to that person or not, or even how much it costs. Just take it. In that way nobody will give a drunk driver the keys to his/her car and one can drive drunk only once (unless they are very rich).

Driving drink is no different than taking a gun and shooting a few rounds at random in the middle of a city. You may hit someone or you may not, either way, it should warrant huge fine and probably jail time. (and if you hit someone it is a murder/homicide)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by RATM_Owns View Post
    Glad I live nowhere near you with my young family ... unless of course you are teetotal & I've misunderstood?

Beans

Just consider that being aware of the drinking/driving issue is nowhere near enough to save your life: I for one have a work that often leads me to do 1000 kms per month, and of course I'm trying to follow the rules as much as possible even when I'm not at work..
    Despite this, more or less a year and a half ago I nearly got hit by a car coming at least at the 150s, in the city (it was one of the avenues of the centre and they were travelling exactly in the middle of it), which didn't respect a stop sign (it was 3 AM and the semaphores were all turned off).
    I've been lucky I saw it in the corner of the eye and managed to brake, otherwise it would have probably hit me.
    So, you could teach yourself in every way that you shouldn't drink and drive, but it's not enough unfortunately.

This video tries to make people understand that drunk driving is a very dangerous issue, but the only way to have people really making up a different mind is make SURE that drunk drivers are punished accordingly.
    So, bring on the controls (and make sure people that are caught drunk while driving don't see either a license or a car for a LOOOONG time).
    Last edited by julio_cortez; December 6th, 2010 at 09:45 AM.
    I'm a human, so I can make mistakes. Therefore this post (which represents my view) may be mistaken or contain errors.
    Oh, by the way, it may also feature some sarcasm. So take it easy.

Beans

Very thought provocative ad... hope it helps save some lives...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LowSky View Post
    In all truth car technology and police work are what is responsible for saving lives.
    But not putting lives at risk in the first place "saves" even more lives.
    Don't peach linux. Melon it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123